How to increase speed of X?

I know the old method of having fewer plugins to run the site faster… but aren’t there some codes or tweaks that would improve the speed in general?

I owns WP Rocket, it made some work, but it’s still not as good as it should be, also optimized images, and some other things… basically the question is what things would improve the speed when I don’t mean plugins?

Hi Viliam,

Thank you for writing in, please follow some of the performance enhancement techniques we provided here to improve your site speed and overall performance. But please keep in mind that there are other factors too when it comes to site performance.

Factors That Affect Website Speed

Cheers!

What ? I entered this into my .htaccess and it broke my site…

# Force compression for mangled headers.
# http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/ydn/posts/2010/12/pushing-beyond-gzipping
<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
        SetEnvIfNoCase ^(Accept-EncodXng|X-cept-Encoding|X{15}|~{15}|-{15})$ ^((gzip|deflate)\s*,?\s*)+|[X~-]{4,13}$ HAVE_Accept-Encoding
        RequestHeader append Accept-Encoding "gzip,deflate" env=HAVE_Accept-Encoding
    </IfModule>
</IfModule>

# Compress all output labeled with one of the following MIME-types
# (for Apache versions below 2.3.7, you don't need to enable `mod_filter`
# and can remove the `<IfModule mod_filter.c>` and `</IfModule>` lines
# as `AddOutputFilterByType` is still in the core directives).
<IfModule mod_filter.c>
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/atom+xml \
                                  application/javascript \
                                  application/json \
                                  application/ld+json \
                                  application/rss+xml \
                                  application/vnd.ms-fontobject \
                                  application/x-font-ttf \
                                  application/x-web-app-manifest+json \
                                  application/xhtml+xml \
                                  application/xml \
                                  font/opentype \
                                  image/svg+xml \
                                  image/x-icon \
                                  text/css \
                                  text/html \
                                  text/plain \
                                  text/x-component \
                                  text/xml
</IfModule>

Even when I removed that from .htaccess it still doesn’t work… what to do with it now?

Hi Viliam,

Can you clarify what is broken on your site? I have check it and it looks fine to me.

Probably not really related to .htaccess file but caching, I see that your site is under Cloudflare, please login to your Cloudflare dashboard and Purge cache.

Purging cached resources from Cloudflare

Thanks,

I logged into the WordPress dashboard somehow, then I disabled all plugins, and it was ok… I also removed
that code from the .htaccess (there was something for enabling gzip compression, that long one) and without any result, so I wonder how it’s possible and how to avoid that in future… because when I upload the original file without any changes, it should work and it didn’t, that really scared me

Hello Viliam,

You have installed WP Rocket and then you also use CloudFlare. After making site changes, you must clear the caches and then regenerate the minified HTML, JS and CSS files to avoid such issues. And not all entries for the .htaccess will work. It is only applicable to Apache servers. If you are using Windows server, it will cause an error or issues for your site.

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches since you are using WP Rocket so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

This links might help:

And if you are using CloudFlare, right after your updates, please log in to your CloudFlare account and purge your site cache. You also need to regenerate the minified CSS and JS files in CloudFlare.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.