How to get my site to look like a blog

Hello! I purchased X Theme on the recommendation of a friend and I really feel like it is WAY to complex for what I need. Everyone said it would be good because I can customize it, but all I need is a simple site like every other blogger :wink: I am completely overwhelmed and frustrated with this product. I am not a website builder and I am scared to change anything on my website because every time I have tried it doesn’t work and then support takes forever to get back to me. Please help!!!

I just want my site to look like this:

With the blog posts on the main page

Is there an easy way to do this? Or should I switch to another theme. I am not intrested in doing a bunch of css to get it the way I want it to look. I would rather just choose a theme that is more plug and play.

Thank you!

Hey @ltingley,

Thanks for writing in. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having a hard time using X. If you need to replicate the exact design of your samples sites, that would need some CSS. With regards to layout though, it’s similar to what X blog has as it has a post listing and a sidebar. Please see some of our blog layout / design demos below:

http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/blog/

http://demo.theme.co/ethos-1/

If you like one of those designs, you can import them to your site easily except for Ethos which requires a bit of manual setup. Please follow the instructions here to import a demo. If you choose Ethos, please follow the setup instructions here.

With regards to response times, I’m sorry it took longer. Support questions are answered in the order received and responses may take up to 24 hours (typically sooner). Complex questions or busy times may take longer.

Thanks.

Thank you. I would like to try the Renew demo before going with a completely different theme.

But here is the problem - as a non “tech” person I don’t understand the directions for importing a demo. I read through everything and I am not sure if I should do the standard or expanded. If I import a demo will it automatically plug in all the images and content that I have on my site? I want this process to be as easy as possible.

My experience with X theme so far is that I make the change suggested by support and then my site is messed up for a day or two until I can get it back to the way it was to start. Please help! I am worried that I will import a demo and then be back to square one.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hello There,

Thank you for the clarifications.

Do you already have any posts in your site? I have checked your site which is in the secure note below. You are still using X 5.1.1. Please update to the latest version X 6.0.4 because Cornerstone 3.0.4 which you already have updated may not work with lower versions of X such as what you have right now.

You are already using Renew stack and you are just one step closer to the renew blog layout like this: http://demo.theme.co/renew-1/blog/.

• Simply go to X > Theme Options > Blog and select Standard as the style and Use Global Content Layout as the your layout.

After doing the updates, **always remember to clear all caches** (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Yes, I already have about 65 blog posts so I want to verify that they will all move over to the new layout without any problems. As well as my other pages. I don’t want to have to rebuild any pages or content if possible.

Hey There,

By simply changing the settings in X > Theme Options > Blog and select Standard as the style and Use Global Content Layout as the your layout. You should see the difference in your blog index and would look like Renew 1 Blog. No coding or rebuilding is required.

Please let us know if this works out for you.

This will move my blog page to the homepage? I am not sure I understand…

I followed the directions above and everything on my blog looked exactly the same. Needless to say, I am very frustrated with this product.

Hello Again,

This will move my blog page to the homepage?

• My instructions above will only transform the blog layout to be the same as the one from renew. It will not make it as your homepage. If ever you want that your blog index is also your home page, please go to Settings > Reading > Your homepage displays and select “Your latest Post”.
    https://image.prntscr.com/image/UkrkJeT2QTWiL48rCTvj2g.png

I followed the directions above and everything on my blog looked exactly the same. Needless to say, I am very frustrated with this product.

• I understand that you are already frustrated with this theme. All of these things is not taking effect, (which should have worked after saving those changes) all because _you are experiencing caching overload_ in your site. I can see that you have installed Autoptimize, W3 Total Cache and you are hosted with Bluehost which also has Page Endurance cache enabled by default. If only you will clear all your caches, from your site cache, plugin caches and regenerate the JS/CSS minified files in Autoptimize plugin, only then you will see these changes.

If you think you did everything and nothing changes, please provide us access to your site and we can clear the caches and resolve this issue for you.

Thank you very much for understanding.

I have no idea what this means:

" I can see that you have installed Autoptimize, W3 Total Cache and you are hosted with Bluehost which also has Page Endurance cache enabled by default. If only you will clear all your caches, from your site cache, plugin caches and regenerate the JS/CSS minified files in Autoptimize plugin, only then you will see these changes."

I had to minify the JS/CSS files because my site load time was taking way too long, which I heard is a problem with X theme.

Is there ever a phone number to call instead of sending messages…this is really not helpful for customer service.

Hey @ltingley,

That means you need to clear all caches. If you don’t know how to do this, please contact the support of Autoptimize, W3 Total Cache and Bluehost for the Endurance cache.

Minifying is a problem because X and Cornerstone’s resources are already minified. It’s already fast out of the box.

I’m sorry but we only offer forum support.

If you’re still having a problem with your blog, please give us WP admin access in a Secure Note so we could check your setup.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.