How to customize font for entire site

Hi, I tried editing the font from cornerstone: template - font, but nothing has change.
also what does the name in (cornerstone) template - font mean such as heading, body copy?
is that suppose to mean the entire heading font or body font, so if I want to change the entire footer I should name it footer?
thanks

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, please read this post on how the Font Manager works.

Basically, if it is the Template > Color that would be your palette where you only put the colors that you’ll be using for your painting.

The same thing for the Font Manager, you’ll declare the font-family that you’ll be needing on your site first. You can name it anything you want, but you need to have a sensible name like body, heading, links, menus, etc. to avoid confusion later in your development.

But that is only preparation, the actual assigning of font-family is on Theme Options > Typography (for body & headings) and Theme Options > Header (for logo & menu).

You can also set the font-family on the Element level if you need to have a specific font in a specific text.

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

Hi,
I tried that I go to Theme options - header - navbar fonts and select a different font
but nothing change

Hi there,

Would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials on a secure note? I like to see how you set it up.

Thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the credentials. I was able to logged in and found out that there are duplicate font names in the template section. Please remove the duplicates and double check the assignments in X > Launch > Options > Typography and in X > Launch > Options > Headers > Links - Text

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Hi,
I removed the duplicate and saved the setting, also I assigned and re-assigned the fonts for navbar and heading but still nothing change, the font is still not changing.

also i’ve been wondering why the section in template - font multiplied by itself? because this is the 3rd times that I have to delete the duplicates. is it maybe bugs?

thanks

Hey @kumpobiz,

Sometimes, due to caching, the fonts double up and also the Font Manager gets stuck. It’s a known issue which might be improved in the future. For now, the remedy is to switch on and off the Font Manager under Typography and for the font doubling issue, a page reload would do the trick. See https://youtu.be/YpQhx3mcw0s

Thanks.

Hello,
the solution work for body and headline font but the navigation menu font still won’t change

Hi There,

It is working when I check. I have compare your settings to the font on the frontend and it is the same. See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFVnjhoVE3

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.