How to customize and change color scheme of website

Hey guys, I can’t seem to figure out what the heck is going on with our Blog. The page itself with the blog links and then the blog page itself is all white, and very very faint grey font. I can’t seem to fix it normally, all our other pages work fine and there are no issues with them…it’s only on our blog page that it’s having the issue.

I’ve read some places to put CSS coding in, but I don’t understand why I would need to do CSS when this theme literally does everything in a very user friendly way.

Our Blog is messed up by this, and some of our other pages are also messed up by it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, did you add or remove a custom CSS recently?

If not, then your body text color and headline color is set to white recently, either accidentally or intentionally.

Please navigate to X > Theme Options > Typography and set the BODY FONT COLOR and HEADINGS FONT to the right colors.

I saw this:

That code is in your Theme Options > CSS, this seems to be an attempt to fix the BODY FONT COLOR, please remove that or else the color you set in X > Theme Options > Typography will not work.

Your site seems to be also, under a caching plugin, please clear your caching plugins after you made the changes so it will take effect immediately.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Wow! Thank you for the speedy response Friech! I will definitely try this out right now and see what the results are!

Be in touch soon,
Cheers!

Hi again,

Sure do let us know how this goes and don’t forget to clear your browser’s cache as well after making any change so you can see your changes on the front-end right away.

Cheers!

So, I had gotten rid of the coding that you guys suggested to get rid of and that helped. However; it did not make the Typography work…I had to add HTML for the type of colors I wanted those specific pages to show. The Typography was changing the font across the entire website, when I was only trying to change 1 page. So, by adding a code for the color I wanted on the page, that was the only way to get it to change specifically the font color on that page.

If that makes sense?

Hi There,

Thanks for the clarification, your blog page content looks visible now than the last time.

Yes, there is no option for changing Typography and color of a specific page only, so we need to do that with a custom CSS.

If it is the blog index page only, you can use this:

body.blog {
	font-family: 'name of the font', cursive;
	color: red;
}

If it is the blog index page and on its individual posts page:

body.blog,
body.single-post {
}

if it is a specific standard page:

body.page-id-XXX {
}

Where XXX is the specific page ID.

How To Locate Post/Page IDs

You might need to use a specific selector for headlines and links text.

You can find the proper CSS code selector using the Chrome browser Developer Toolbar
For the CSS code itself, I suggest that you get started with this tutorial

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.