How to change colour of accordion

That’s fab thanks. What about the white at the sides of the theme in general - how can I remove them?

Actually the accordion thing works in cornerstone but it’s still white on the actual site - any ideas?

Hi There,

I assume you’re referring to the page container, if so please see Page Settings > Page Template and choose the No Container | Header, Footer

If that is not what you’re referring to, please provide us your site URL so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

Thanks yes I was but it was actually some custom css I had added which I’ve now removed so all good. Howvere the accordions are still showing as white on my site despite them showing as black in the cornerstone editor. Any ideas?

Hey @bca,

To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

Thanks.

axisstars.com

Hi There,

Please check your Page > CSS and Theme Options > CSS here and address if it founds an error.

If not, please provide us the site URL and login credentials in a Secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

I haven’t added any css

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials, there are a lot of missing closing </span> tag on your accordion’s content and title.

Please check your accordion’s content and title here address those error.

Hope that helps,
Cheers!

Hi

There were some missing in one accordion but updating them hasn’t made any difference to the fact that it is still showing as white on the homepage.

You also didn’t answer my question about the slider cutting off on desktop - can you help with both of those please?

Thanks

Hi @bca,

That’s one of the main issue, the unclosed or stray elements could affect the entire layout including the slider. We can’t go to the next issue if these are still existing.

Please fix them first then we can continue to the next issue. It’s no use fixing the next issue when it’s related to the first one. I’m not saying it’s related, but this procedure narrow down all possible causes and save much time searching to the other issues. I can still see the issue mentioned by Friech.

Thanks!

can you tell me where as I have fixed them as far as I can see

Hi @bca,

You can check it here https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=https%3A%2F%2Faxisstars.com%2F

But make sure to deactivate your coming soon plugin first to make sure the tool see your page content.

Here is just few example related to </span>

You may need to double check each of your page content and find the stray elements (open and close without pairs)

Thanks!

ok so I have sorted the span stuff but all the other errors (which are worrying to see 80 lines by the way) must be in your code as I haven’t written the code I have simply implemented your expanded demo on your theme. Not sure even where to go to fix all those. I just want to be able to sort the two questions I’ve asked but it does concern me that we will have other problems as a result of the errors in your code?

Hi @bca,

I can still see them, and they aren’t related to theme’s coding

The errors that must be fixed is related to stray elements, you can ignore other errors especially related to attributes and CSS. It can’t be fixed since it’s coming from different plugins and libraries of Wordpress, it’s modular and made by different authors.

Based on the screenshot that I provided, the first error related to /> is this ars</span><strong/>. So I went ahead and right click the home page and click View page source

Then it should open a new tab where the source code of your site is visible, then press CTRL + F and find ars</span><strong/>, and there, that’s the cause

It’s coming from the first section’s custom headline content, it’s not part of theme/builder’s code, but from the added content. Try changing it from <strong/> to </strong>. The you can solve other errors as well using the same procedure, especially related to open and close (stray) elements.

Thanks! And hope this helps your troubleshooting :slight_smile:

ok thanks I’ve done that for all the stray elements - that wasn’t the issue with the accordion though. I discovered that there was an empty one above it and once I removed that it went black. So I just need your help sorting out the slider now. I can fix it on desktop by adding margin but it looks bad on smaller screens then. Thanks

I seem to have fixed the slider issue now but I have an issue on desktop only where the top of my contact us page is not showing. Any ideas?

Hi @bca,

Yes, even one single element from other section of the site could affect the rest and cause multiple issues. That’s why we recommend fixing them first.

As for the header, it’s because it’s taller than you have set in your header setting. Please go to Theme Options > Header > NAVBAR > NAVBAR TOP HEIGHT (PX) and set it to 168, it’s currently set to 60.

Thanks!

Thanks but I had already experimented with the Navbar top height and it doesn’t make any difference. The top page title and copy at the top of my contact us page is still missing on desktop but works fine on mobile. Any other ideas?

Hi @bca,

Changing the navbar height works, but negates by this custom CSS

.masthead {
    position: absolute;
    width: 100%;
}

Please remove it, absolute positioning is commonly used for implementing overlapping elements.

Thanks!

I don’t have that custom CSS on my site. The only Custom CSS I have is this:

@media (max-width: 1048px) {
.rev_slider_wrapper {
margin-top: 0px !important;
}
}

But I did try removing that and just having the nav bar height and it didn’t work. The problem is only on the Contact Us page and seems to me to be more related to the page title - it isn’t disabled or anything though.

Any other ideas? Thanks