How to add instagram feed through Essential Grid/The Grid

Hi there,
I’m trying to add my instagram feed to my page.
I see you recommend doing so through The Grid plugin or Essential Grid.
How can I access these plugins? It says I should already have them but when I go to my Plugins section they aren’t there and don’t come up in searches.

Many thanks,
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for writing in! First you need to install one of those plugins through X -> Validation section and then you should be able activate them under your WordPress plugins area.

Here’s the Essential Grid documentation on how to integrate Instagram (https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/special-content-streams/#instagram).

Here’s The Grid documentation on how to integrate Instagram (https://theme-one.com/docs/the-grid/#social_media).

Also here’s our getting started guides on our knowledge base section.

Hope that helps.
Thanks!

Hi there,
Thanks for this :smile:
I’ve followed all the instructions and managed to input an instagram feed onto my page.
It always says “Instagram reports: Please check the settings” above the grid and I just can’t get rid of it.
I couldn’t find where to put my API Access Token - could it possibly be to do with that?

Many thanks,
Sarah

I’m also trying to change the setting whereby the link icon that appears when you hover over an image, opens instagram in a new tab please?
How can I do this?
Many thanks,
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

It could be related to this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/instagram-on-essential-grid-says-instagram-reports-please-check-the-settings/15235/3

Would you mind providing your admin login credentials so I could check it as well?

As for the icons upon hover, you can edit them in skin editor. Please check this https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/item-skin-editor/. If you don’t have that skin (some skins are default and can’t be edited) then you’ll have to import or create a skin to make it similar to that one.

Thanks!

Hi there,
Please could you check because I am definitely using the most up-to-date version of Ess Grid.
Please find attached my login credentials.

Thanks - I’ll give the skin editor a go.
Many thanks,
Sarah

The skin editor allows you to edit the icon and where the link takes you, but not the option to ‘open in new tab’
How can I do this??
Thanks,
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

You can do that by changing the link target to blank instead of self

Or are you referring to a lightbox? Then you can change the Link To option to lightbox instead of post.

Hope this helps.

Hi there,
I’ve just changed the Link Target to ‘blank’ and it still doesn’t open in a new tab…

Hi Sarah,

I checked and it’s now linking to a new tab, which icon you’re referring? The first one is for lightbox and the second is for tab.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,
Thanks for this- it is now opening in a new tab! Thanks
It is, however, still displaying 'Instagram reports: Please check the settings ’
above my grid.
How can I get rid of this please?
Many thanks,
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I can’t find what’s causing it, but you can still hide it by adding this code to your child theme’s functions.php

add_filter('gettext', 'remove_this_string', 99, 3);
function remove_this_string( $translated_text, $untranslated_text, $domain ) {

if ( $translated_text == 'Instagram reports: Please check the settings' ) return " ";
    return $translated_text;

}

Hope this help.

How can I find my child theme’s functions.php?

Hello Sarah,

Please go to Appearance > Editor. In the right side, you will find the child theme’s functions.php file. Click the file to load it in the editor.

And if this editor is not showing in your dashboard, then file editing is not allowed in your installation. You will have to log in to your ftp, browse to the themes folder and locate the file wp-content/themes/x-child/functions.php so you can edit it manually.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.