How do I un-publish my blog?

So somehow, someway, my blog got published! (4 weeks too soon) - I’m not ready and my posts can be found and accessed online - I’m really upset by this. Is there any way I can un-publish my blog so I can continue working on it until I’m ready because right now this is basically like shooting myself in the foot. :frowning: I was under the impression that I could hit publish on finished posts as long as the overall theme was saying “not published” yet on top. And until today that seems to have been the case.

My second problem is that I’ve been trying to add pictures to my “recent post widget” to get a lineup of recent posts with pictures in the sidebar and on the homepage - and then some weird thing showed up in the middle of the picture on the homepage where the post was featured with a little of the text saying “permalink” and now as soon as I add a featured picture to the post - that same picture is displayed above the post making it look extremely stupid and unprofessional. Not to mention it’s huge. I’ve been through all the settings and I can’t seem to find a way to undo it.

I’m very new to this and I’m getting gray hair. PLEASE help me solve this!

Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

Hello,

Thank you for writing in

About your first question, can you explain your question better? But you can check the maintenance plugin included in our theme: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-under-construction/89

Now, to check your other question, can you send to us your website URL with this problem?

well I managed to solve my first problem by installing a plug in that displays a “coming soon” page, so I’m not published yet and can work in peace until I’m ready to launch.

In regards to my second problem - this is my URL for one of my posts: http://pinkcarnation82.com/and-so-it-begins/

I’m having real trouble getting it to do what I want - maybe I’m going about it wrong but I feel like I tried everything by now. I can’t believe something so simple should be so hard (sigh). There are 2 things I wanted to accomplish here. I wanted to display a recent post sidebar and also be able to display recent posts on my front page at the bottom as a grid. As you can see somehow I got this extra huge picture sitting there on top of the post taking up space and making it look stupid. It happened when I was wondering what that permalink thing in the picture was in the front page and clicked it and I can’t get rid of it again.

My 3rd problem that I just can’t solve is the front page. I really want an image that displays across the page full witdth, But all I can do in cornerstone is a small picture that is boxed. I tried unchecking the boxed options and I was expecting there to be an option where you could make the picture go all the way up the the header and get rid of all that annoying white space. I’d just like a landing page with a beautiful full picture and the possibility to add text to it - I can’t seem to do that in cornerstone where the box is just a set size regardless of what I do. When I edit the padding of the picture it does get bigger but the white space is still there and it’s still not full width and when published I can only see parts of it. Does this really have to be so hard?

I want something like this: https://www.tyler.com/lessons/how-to-make-a-wordpress-website/video/1

so so frustrated - I figured this would be fairly easy to make in cornerstone :confused:

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Hi There,

As you have Under Construction plugin please provide your login credentials so we can take a closer look.

Thank you

I’m sorry, but I have given up on this theme - it’s been giving me issues for a week and I found another theme that did exactly what I want. I was recommended to get this theme for a beginner as it is supposed to be easy, but I found that it’s not very intuitive and many others seem to experience the same issue as me, from what I can tell when googling the issue. I really wish I hadn’t bought this theme. I realize if you’re not a newbie like me then it’s probably a good theme and who knows maybe one day when I get way more experience I’ll change my opinion of it. But for now, I’m not happy with it whatsoever. I do like the cornerstone feature though for editing posts - that’s a very nice feature and easy to use most of the time. I can’t seem to use cornerstone with the new theme, however - is it possible to use cornerstone independently on certain sites? And would it be possible to have a license for only cornerstone rather than X-theme?

Finally, I’d just like to say that I really hate being Miss negative here. But I don’t know how to put it in a nicer way. I do wish you a happy day though. Thank you for your time.

Hi There,

First of all, thanks for your feedback, you are not negative, we appreciate the negative feedbacks also as they help us improve things that we may not notice ourselves.

I have been using X before I worked here, It was actually the first theme I purchased around 3 years ago, I did have a bit of a hard time at the beginning, but it was totally worth the learning curve, and to tell you the truth, when I build sites for clients which I end up needing to use a different theme, I also always have to face a learning curve, so I don’t think so it is exclusive for X that on the first days when you are using the product you will need to work a bit harder.

As I see X is an excellent theme for beginners and advanced users.

From a beginner stand point of view, I would recommend starting with one of the expanded demos. Once you have your demo installed I would go to Theme Options and explore every tab to adjust the general styling of the website.

Once that is done you can dive in Cornerstone, which, again personally, I firmly believe is the best page builder on the market by far.

After you are comfortable with these features, You can explore some of our Addons according to your needs, we offer a lot of Addons, but on most site I will use 2 or 3, there is no need to learn all of them at the same time, that indeed can be overwhelming since most of the Addons are premium products themselves which also require a learning curve,

If you plan to keep building websites, I would say, stick with X, you will not regret, the possibilities are really beyond any other theme and you will be able to satisfy almost every need of your clients with X and it’s bundled plugins only.

Cornerstone can be used with different themes, BUT not the version that comes bundled with X. This version is intended to be used with your X theme only. To use Cornerstone with a different theme you will need to purchase Cornerstone Stand Alone Plugin on ThemeForest, which allows you to use the builder with any theme that follows Wordpress standard code.

Take your time, rest your mind and when you decide to use your X theme again, reach us and we will assist you with whatever you need it.

Once again, thank you for the feedback and have a great day too,