Help with Update

I need help and I’m not even sure what questions to ask. Everything updated and it’s all different. Which is super unfortunate as I have a bunch of stuff I suddenly need to do. Where is the guide on how to do this stuff?

I am in Wordpress, in the Cornerstone editor. I try to add sections and then add a Text or Content element, and it does not show up in Preview on the right side. I try to save it, just to see if it shows up on the website, but it doesn’t show up either.

I need to know how to simply add in text and an image (and have an image in a left column, and text in a right column) and it’s all NOT WORKING. Eek! What happened? How do I get Preview to show my changes?

None of the regular Image or Text elements show up in Preview or on the site. Only the Classic Elements of Text and Image will show up.

Why is that?

Here is a screencast. I did not show how I can edit the text of a current module and it shows up on the website just fine. But none of the test stuff I am doing to the bottom shows up at all.

Please help! What do I do?

Hello @Dx3Creations,

Thanks for asking. Looks like you haven’t shared the screencast. In the mean time please try these general solutions.

1. Ensure you are fully up to date. See our changelog.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, please give us WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Thanks so much.
Where are instructions to update? I’m out of date.

Hi There,

You can follow the guide provided here.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Oh, it’s going slow :slight_smile: I’m trying to get Automatic Updates installed. I finally figured out where X was in my Wordpress Dashboard. It says I don’t have the latest version of 5.2.5, but I clicked to ‘check now’ and it didn’t do anything. Can I not update manually? How do I verify it?

I’m on this page and it says go to the “homepage of the product you are validating.”

I don’t get it! Or I can’t find it? Here is my “X Addons” screencap where it says my installed version.

Or do I have to file transfer the files to update?

Can I add a photo to this?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! If you already have validated X theme, you should be able to update X and other plugins right in your dashboard. Simply go to Dashboard > Updates and select which one you will have to update.

If you will be updating X theme manually, you will have to download the latest version right in your account dashboard (https://theme.co/apex/dashboard) and upload the files in your ftp.

And yes you can add a photo in your reply.

Please let us know how it goes.

Oh my word. Okay, we are doing a little bit better right now. I updated everything and turned off Jetpack.

Is there any reason why the default text entered into the new Text element shows up in black? Why doesn’t it show up in the selected default text? I kept thinking nothing was there!

“Drag or paste images” which only shows up before you start writing.
This whole system is so frustrating right now! I spent hours today because text defaulted to BLACK on a black background. Rawr.

Separate question, it says i’m “watching” this thread but it’s not emailing me. How do I get emailed that you are responding? I don’t want to keep refreshing this thread.

Hey There,

The new text element has a black text color by default. When inserting a new text element, you must also change the color especially if your section background color is black.

Meanwhile, you might have turn off the email notifications in your profile settings which is why you aren’t receiving any notifications. You might need to check it here:
https://theme.co/apex/forum/u/Dx3Creations/preferences/notifications

Hope this helps.

Yep, that helps. I changed some settings, let’s see if that works.

Thank you very much. Have a nice night!

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.