Help - Getting Started w/ Renew 03

I have Renew Stack and Renew 03 demo (not full demo website content) loaded.

After a week of browsing tutorials and documentation - somewhat confused about where to start re: cornerstone, building up components of page, etc. A lot of doc and tutorials seem to pre-date the latest cornerstone/stack/demo package(?).

What I think I want to do, using Renew 03 home page as a starting point:

• Bring in some icons to replace the default 175x175 circles in the middle section.
  • Set up a “one page menu” for part of the home page (with some normal page menu items) - but leave the “one page menu” items off the other pages.
  • have a footer on the home page and other pages (doesn’t seem to show up on my renew 03 demo).

Questions:

• In general what is the best approach to use if starting with a stack demo? Copy the demo home page to another page to play around with? (If so - what is a good way/plugin to copy pages - that works with x/cornerstone)?

• On the Renew 03 demo home page - when I get into cornerstone - I see the layout/elements/inspector display for the different sections - but it is not clear how to modify things. Specifically I’d like to replace the 175x175 circles in the “Features 3 Columns” section with icons (lists, dollar sign, etc.). My attempts at doing this have failed miserably - little itty bitty icons that I can’t figure out how to expand to the same size as the circles, etc.

• As an aside, what would be helpful, that I haven’t found, is an explanation of how this demo home page was built in cornerstone, section by section. It’s hard to reverse engineer it, not being familiar with all the knowledge and assumptions that have gone into it…

I’ll leave it at that. I’ve built WP sites with different themes before, so I think once I get started with this I’ll be OK.

Thanks.

Hi,

1. You can save your page as page template then load it to another page.

For more information, kindly check Working with templates section in the link below

1. I am not sure what circles you are referring to. Can you provide us screenshots

Renew 3 Demo - http://demo.theme.co/renew-3/

1. See screenshot below

Hope that helps

Thank you Paul!

I’m sorry - it was Renew 02, not Renew 03…

Here’s the demo home page: http://demo.theme.co/renew-2/

The circles here in the “Features 3 Columns” section have the demo content (“Local”, “Digital”, “Relational”). I don’t have the demo content (I guess I could download it). But I’d like to put different icons/images in the circles.

If you’d like I can give you a login to my site (it is under construction) to see how it looks without the demo content.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

The icons were created and saved as images.

These are the files:
//theme.co/media/marketing-local.png
//theme.co/media/marketing-digital.png
//theme.co/media/marketing-relational.png

You can recreate using your own icon by editing/creating an image using Photoshop or other image editor.

Hope this explains it.

Yes I get that - thanks.

OK - I guess what I was thinking/hoping was that I could replace the image with a “classic icon” element, and that icon element could then be resized/styled to occupy the same space as the images.

If that isn’t the case - 1) what is the “classic icon” element? How is one supposed to think about it or use it? -or- 2) how would I go about getting an icon library that could be used in this way (and which I see used on many sites).

Thanks again (I’m getting there…)

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! You may use the classic Icon element. With this element, you can set the size, color and background color. There is also an icon selection for you to choose the icon you want to display. You must align the icon to the center by going to the column settings and set the text alignment to the center.

Hope this helps.

Thanks - making progress every day on this but…

• Having no luck setting size of the Icon element (can set color and background color)… Both “Icon Size” and “Background Size” have no effect on icon display.

• Also, curious: re: this KB page https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/elements-line/10407
    … I have no presets available, on any elements, though I’m working with Renew 02 (without demo content).

Thanks.

Hey There,

Thanks for updating in!

1.) You should be able to set the size of the icon. Find the icon size and background size. Check out my screenshot:

2.) The preset will have a different setting for each stack. If you are using Integrity stack and you would want your element to have the same styling as the element in renew stack, you can apply the preset. At the moment, several elements does not have any presets to apply yet. This shall be updated and will be available in X 6.0 or Pro 2.0

Hope this helps.

Thanks - See my screenshot - no sizing on the classic icons…(no default sizing, and manual inputs have no effect… - it’s the dollar sign icon, lower right).

The effect I’m trying for is something like this (maybe there are different icons/images involved with this? - it’s a screenshot of a different site…)

Hi there,

I suggest that you use pixels for the size to have the correct one as you wish, for example:

Hope it helps. I also suggest that you open up new threads for additional questions to help us serve you better and maintain the thread better, to follow up the same question you are welcomed to reply here.

Thank you.

That works! Thanks.

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.