Headline and Text Color Change on Column Hover

Hi - I have 4 columns with a CSS background color change hover effect applied to each individually. I have a Headline element and a text element in each that I want to change colors at the same time as the background color, but I’m having a hard time selecting them with my CSS. I want the effect to apply to the headline and text in all 4 columns when the column is hovered over. Thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

If your code applied to the column is like this:

.x-column {
   background-color: red;
}

.x-column:hover {
   background-color: green;
}

You can use this code to target the headline element and the text element:

.x-column {
   background-color: red;
}

.x-column:hover {
   background-color: green;
}

.x-column .x-text,
.x-column .x-text-headline {
   color: white;
}

.x-column:hover .x-text,
.x-column:hover .x-text-headline {
   color: yellow;
}

If this is not your code, please share your code and provide the page where we can find this 4 columns so that we can give you a tailored code for your page.

Thank you.

Thanks - this worked great for the text but not for the headlines.

The URL is scopomarketing.com

Hi there,

Please try this code to the Element CSS of the Row that contains the columns instead:

$el .x-column:hover * {
  color: #fff;
}

Please check the links below for the references of the suggestions above:

Hope this helps.

I tired that code in the Row Element CSS, but the headlines are still not changing. I tried adding an “!important” to the color and in the cornerstone builder preview it worked, but when I loaded it through my browser it wasn’t working

Hi again,

I see you’ve given columnbackground class to the columns, you can use this class and add the following code instead in the Theme Options > CSS:

.columnbackground:hover * {
    color: #fff !important;
}

Let us know how this goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.