Graphic Text Graphic Inline... can't get it done

I feel like I’m missing something very simple. I’ve got a standard page. Added a section and set it up for a row single column. I then added a image, text and another image. If I just add the images they stay inline. No matter what I try I for some reason can’t figure out how to get the images on each side of the text. Any assistance or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Ken

Hello Ken,

Thanks for writing in!

It is best that you create a three column row. You can insert the image on the left column. You can add a text element in the middle column and another image element for the right column. This is the easiest way of having the image text image set up that is lined up with each other.

Hope this helps.

That does work and it’s how I’m currently doing it but I have problems when I setup the spacing at times, like the section I’m currently working on… it would work better if I could float an image to the left and right of a text box. Is that not possible?

Hello Ken,

If you are using a v2 image element, you can control the image alignment by adding some custom CSS through the element CSS feature.

Please try this in the image element CSS:

$el.x-image {
    display: block;
    width: 100%;
    text-align: center;
}

$el.x-image img {
    display: inline;
}

Feel free to change the code above accordingly.

Hope this helps.

I added the CSS code you posted to the image element “Element CSS” on the “Customize” tab of said element. To verify by v2 image element, I assume you mean standard element labeled image vs vs classic element. If so yes I’m using v2 image elements. After adding the custom CSS nothing changed. For the heck of it I tried to add similar CSS to the column CSS element and couldn’t get it to work either…

Is there something else I can try?

Hello Ken,

Would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your element settings? Please create a secure note with the following info so that we can fix the issue for you:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.