Google Tags

Hi I was wondering if you could help.

I have been looking at support threads over and over and still not sure exactly how to approach the following:

I need to add the following to my site:

1. Google Tracking Code (from analytics)
  2. Google code from Tag manager
  3. Rich Snippet code for schema mark up (from trigger in google tag manager)

I believe all of the above codes need to be placed at the top of the header. I have read i need to add in functions php on my child theme or in google analytics plugin provided by you.

I tried to add in the Google analytics plugin but have had no success can I put of of these codes in the meta box as the plugin page but it didn;t seem to do anything. I cannot find any other place to put the code on this plugin page.

Can you advise the best place to put the above codes?

Thank you?

Best regards

Tim

Hi Tim,

The Google Analytics plugin does work for the Analytics code and I used the plugin. Please kindly make sure that you follow the steps mentioned here to use the plugin.

If the Analytics code doesn’t show, it must be a cache related issue of some kind.

You can use a plugin such as this one to add Google Tag Manager code. You also can search for alternative plugins for that here.

The snippet code is a whole different ballgame and you need to have a plugin such as Yoast SEO to handle the case. It is not a matter of simply adding some code, and you need to use the snippet code to introduce your business to Google. You can get started here.

Thank you.

hi thank you for your response.

I have looked at the instructions for the google analytics plugin but i do not have an analytics code box?

Thanks

Hey @Basstimg,

We’re very sorry our documentation is outdated. You just need to input your Analytics ID in the Google Analytics ID field. I checked your site and your already have done it so that’s correct.

When checking if the analytics is loaded in the frontend, make sure that you’re not logged in if Include logged-in users. is not checked.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.