Google Speed Test Problems

Hello,

I have been trying to optimize some sites where load time is critical and have been getting pretty underwhelming results with the Google Speed test.

The test results come back with about 80% of my problem being the need to “Eliminate Render-Blocking Resources”

I’ve linked to a screenshot that highlights the drop-down from that component of the test for your review.

I use Hummingbird Caching plugin, Page Caching, Browser Caching, GZip compression etc and have small highly-optimized images. The site should not be performing so poorly.

The only feature of Hummingbird I have not activated is Asset Optimization because it minifies and combines code and has caused problems for me in the past with X - but from the looks of it this is exactly what I need to do.

Can someone there with some optimization experience please give me a couple of tips on how to crunch down X-pro? I have over 40 X-pro sites and with Google’s new speed preferences I’m going to need to find a solution to this.

Hi,

You can turn on asset information but make sure to exclude the theme js files as they are already optimized by default.

The files are

wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.js
wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.js
wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs-vendor.js
wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs.js
wp-content/themes/x/framework/dist/js/site/x.js

For additional information regarding performance, you may refer to the link below

Thanks

Hey Paul,
I attached a secure note above and was hoping you could take a quick look at the Google mobile speed test for the site to see how to resolve the “Eliminate Render Blocking Resources” problem I am having.

I installed W3 Total Cache and configured it as referenced, optimized my resources and the site is still not performing as well as I’d like.

Hi Boans,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try following this post (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-eliminate-render-blocking-resources-to-make-website-faster/48850/2?u=mldarshana) with regard to render blocking resources.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, will check it out!

Let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.