Google Map not displaying since update

Hi there,
Since the update this week, my google maps no longer display. Any ideas how to correct this? Everything was set up and working properly before hand.

Hello @kenbraithwaite,

Thanks for writing in! :slight_smile:

First, we need to know if you’ve updated your theme correctly. Here’s a guide on how to do this:

Then, can you show us how you’ve added the map? Did you use the embed code? Or the Google option where you can input your API key? If it’s the Google option, please check if the API key was set.

If any recommendation didn’t work, it would be very convenient if you share your login details so we can take a closer look. Please add these in a secure note.

• Website URL
  • Wordpress Admin username/password

Thank you.

Thanks, I updated correctly, and I was using the api key. I just deleted the map element and set it all up again, with no success. It’s just a blank white space. See the secure note.

Hey @kenbraithwaite,

There are generated error messages in the console. One is coming from Google Map. Please see the details of the message here.

The JSON error is coming from your Google Map Styles.

I’ve removed it and the map showed.

I put it back again and the map disappeared.

Try getting updated code from Google Map again maybe this will solve the issue.

Thanks.

Same issue here… without custom json syle it works fine. But with custom (official Google) json code, it doesn’t work and just a blank space appear.
How to solve?

Hi there,

There is a bug in our code that prevents the style to show correctly. We already reported this and the problem will be fixed in the upcoming release cycle. For more information about the release cycle kindly read this article:

Temporarily you can do the change manually at the moment:

Please go to
pro/cornerstone/includes/elements/mixins/map.php

Replace this line
'map_google_styles' => x_module_value( '', 'markup' ),
with
'map_google_styles' => x_module_value( '', 'markup:raw' ),

For X theme the path would be cornerstone/includes/elements/mixins/map.php

Thank you.

It works great, thank u!

On behalf of my colleague, you’re welcome. Cheers! :slight_smile: