Google Analytics plugin not doing anything?

Hello, I’ve installed the google analytics plugin for x theme, put in my GoolgeAnalytics ID and updated. Ran tests from google side and it does not appear to be working. I looked through the header code and couldn’t find anything that looked like it should be there. How can I tell if this plugin is working and writing to my headers?
Thank you

Hi Lindsay,

I have checked the site attached to the license in your account and the analytics ID appears several times on the site (see secure note image).

Kindly make sure that you only added the Analytics ID once and that is in the Google Analytics ID field of the Google Analytics plugin bundled with X.

Hope this helps.

Thank you kindly for the response. I seem to have two instances of google analytics for X theme installed and running. One of them asks for the ID and the other for the full code snippet. How are they both running at the same time, and how do I uninstall only one if there is only one in my plugins list, yet two in my x theme menu?

Hi @lindsayfaas,

Maybe you still have the old version of X - Google Analytics installed, that’s the one that requires the full code. If so, please delete that.

The latest version of Google Analytics extension is (3.0.0) it only requires an ID.

And another thing, Google Analytics does not run when you’re log in, hence that’s the reason why you dont see the code on the frontend, while it appears when we viewed it.

Extension - Google Analytics

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.