Full Screen Width X Theme Ethos

Hi,

Using x theme. how do I get my posts/pages to be full width like the ethos demo??? I have selected full width and no container options but I still get a margin on the sides of my images and text.

I have put in code from my support searches, the screen/images widens but I still have white margins???

Please help.

Samantha.

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for writing in! Please check the following post on how to use different page templates (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/page-set-up/49025/2?u=mldarshana).

If you’re still having issues and If you’re using a caching plugin, make sure to purge your server cache on your server. If you’re using a CDN service like CloudFlare, you need to clear it’s cache as well and then clear your browser cache before testing.

If you have an active child theme, please disable it temporarily and see if your child theme customizations cause this issue.

Also disable your 3rd party plugins except Cornerstone plugin and test your issue further. If the issue resolved, you can then activate your plugins one by one to see which plugin cause this issue.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

I only have one plugin and it is to clear the cache - I unplugged and it did nothing. I do not have a child theme. I had already changed the page settings to blank - no container, header and footer previous to writing in for support.

I have also tried going into options and changed my whole theme size from 90-100%. I still do not have full screen width. I have changed this back to 90 as it looks funny on my main site page which has a right side bar.

I will attach my details for help in a secure note.

Hi Samantha,

To make a page fullwidth, you need to select a No Container Template

Then turn off inner container of your row element.

For your single post page, you can try adding this in Theme Options > CSS

.single-post .x-container.max.width {
    max-width:100%;
    width:100%;
}

.single-post .entry-content {
   padding:0;
}

You may change the numbers to adjust.

Hope that helps

Thank you - sorry I realised that possibly when you went in the last setting I had saved was fullwidth - I was just trying lots of things but I had tried no container and it didn’t work in the past…

But yes I have reset it again to no container -header, footer and the missing piece of information or step that I couldn’t find in support until now seems to be that second step -change inner container to off. It is working now - thank you!!!

And thanks for the post code - it seems that I have more control over full width for a page with the advanced options so I will just go with that format. Thank you

You’re welcome!
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.