Full height header image

Hi,

Im trying to find a way to have the top section/image extend full height to the top of the screen with the menu floating over the image.

Like https://www.airbnb.co.uk/

Ive tried to make the navbar transparent but this doesnt seem to have any affect. Is there some specific CSS I need to add to each page or is there a simple way of doing this in Cornerstone?

Thanks.

HI there,

One option would be to set the height of the section to 100vh. To do this, click on the section’s customize setting then add this to the Element CSS:

$el {
  height: 100vh;
}

Another option would be to create a Revolution Slider then set the Slider Setting to Fullscreen.

Then once the slider is created, go to your page setting then set the Slider Settings: Above/Below Masthead to the slider you have created.

Hope this helps.

Thanks very much for this Jade. Im not looking it to take the entire size of the viewport, i just want the top of the image to extend up to the top of the page with the menu over the image. Does this still work?

Hi Will,

Oh I see. Thanks for clarifying. In that case, please add this code to the Global CSS:

.masthead {
    position: absolute;
    width: 100%;
}

.x-navbar {
    border: 0;
    background-color: transparent;
    box-shadow: none;
}

Here are some related links for further reading:

Hope this helps.

Thanks - thats perfect

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.