Formatting Posts and Recent Posts element

Hi,

I’m trying to format my Recent Posts element to look like this

Here’s what I have but can’t see to find any more layout editing options

Is there a way to edit single post layouts?

Thanks,

J

Hi there,

The layout of the single posts are control by the template files. An option would be editing them using the child theme and overriding the specific files. Another option would be to enable Cornerstone for your single posts so that you could place the content and set the layout using the elements available in Cornerstone.

Thanks Jade.

I have cornerstone enables for posts. If I’m understanding correctly, I can override the views with additional php files using the child theme and the content editor can be used to add individual post content.

However, there is no way to use the content editor to modify the layout of a post template.

J

Hi There,

have you considered using our Addon THE GRID or Essential Grid, you can achieve pretty similar layout building Masonry grids on this plugins, please take a look on this example

https://theme-one.com/the-grid/maren/

Hope it helps!

Thanks Joao, that does help.

Now I’m just looking for a graphic way to modify the single post layout / template. Do you know of any plugins that will accomplish that?

Alternately, I could have it hard coded I guess.

J

Hello There,

We could not recommend any plugin because there is none that you can use. The single post layout can only be change by overriding the default single post template in X. You will have to customize the template to make it look like differently. Regretfully custom development is beyond the scope of our support that we offer. We won’t be able to assist further. We’re happy to provide advice and get you started in the right direction, but you would still be responsible for the implementation.

Thank you for your understanding.

If you do have any other question regarding the theme just let us know and we’re here to help.
You may also visit our knowledge base here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/c/themeco/kb for more information.

Thanks Lely.

I’m talking to a coder to develop my layout in php.

J

You’re always welcome J!

Cheers.