Formatting Destroyed After Update

Hello,

I foolishly updated without backing up my site. The site formatting has gone wild, but only in the front end. When I am in the cornerstone editor, it looks normal. I have read your notes and I have cleared the style cache. What else should I do next?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Kind regards,

April

Howdy, @aprildoty!

Thanks for writing in! As always, please remember when writing in support to provide URLs to live pages so we can see the issue firsthand to provide feedback. There could be any number of items that cause a particular issue, so we always need to see live links to ensure that we can provide the quickest and most efficient support for everyone. Thanks!

That being said, if things are appearing normal on one end but not the other, that certainly seems to point to a caching issue. Please see our Update Guide currently linked in the notice at the top of the site. It will walk through things in much more detail, but in general you’ll want to make sure to get clear all cache sources (browser, plugins, CDNs, et cetera).

If things are still having a problem after reviewing those resources, let us know and please provide us with some live URLs to look into things a bit further.

I see you’ve added a secure note. Before we login to check this out can you look at this article? https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-site-frontend-appears-broken-after-updating/24859

In particular, check the last section about clearing in internal style cache. I looked at your site and I think that may be the problem here.

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your response. Yes, I read that guidance first and I have already cleared the style cache in X settings in Wordpress.

I have looked and can’t see any other cache to clear. I am not a developer, so its possible I have missed something, but I do not have any of the plugins mentioned that may have caches to clear.

I know these newbie queries must be very frustrating for you and I appreciate any help you can give.

Thank you!

April

Hi April,

I’ve taken a look and it is a caching problem, but only because WordPress business hosting doesn’t offer a way to clear the cache manually. Surprisingly, it also doesn’t see to consider updating the theme a good time to clear the cache.

Saving a page invalidates the cache. I’ve saved your home page and the formatting has been restored. If you save the other pages they should be fixed as well.

Thank you so much. You are right, I saved them all and they are all fine. Phew! I was afraid the opposite would happen so I’m grateful for your guidance.

You’re welcome! In a future update we may look into the possibility of automatically clearing the cache.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.