Form not loading on Safari

Hello,

I’m using a Mailchimp form on my website, but it’s only loading as text in Safari. It loads fine on everything else I’ve tried. Can you help me resolve this?

Hello @andrewwolff,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Can you please share website URL for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

Sorry about that!

https://andrewswolff.com/get-in-touch/

Hi,

How are you adding your form in the page? using shortcode?

Do you mind providing us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note

For the mean time knidly refer to the link below

I’m using the naked code from Mailchimp and adding it to a text element. Then I’m using css to style it a little. I’ve added the Secure Note as well.

Hello There,

Since you are using a code from Mailchimp, please do not use text element because it will just convert other codes to a normal or encode characters. When inserting a code, you should be using Content Area element or raw content element instead. Please edit your page and remove the text element and replace it because you are doing it incorrectly.

Please let us know how it goes.

I used the Content Area element, but it still appears the same way as before. The Classic Raw Content element looks like it solved the problem. Is there any problem that it didn’t work with the Content Area element? Also, I’m using the Text element for all my copy, but I’m inserting html into the Text element. Should I change all those Text elements to Content Area elements?

Hello There,

One thing to remember and to know the difference with these elements is the following:

• The raw content element will always preserve the code you insert. Even if it is invalid, it will display as in. May even break the page is the code is incorrectly closed or not valid.
  • The content area element will display html code and render it correctly as much as possible. If you insert an invalid code, it might not render the code correctly.
  • The text element on the other hand is supposedly only to accept text. Any html you insert here might be rendered with only a few exceptions like span, p, and br tags. The new lines and line breaks will be converted into a <p> and <br> tag. Other characters that is not part of the alphanumeric might be converted into an html character also.

Please use this element with care to avoid any conflict or display your contents properly.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.