Fonts chosen in Font Manager and set in Theme options (Typography and Header) do not load on page

Hi there,

Please try to disable the Font Manager in X/Pro > Theme Options > Typography then save the settings.

After that, try to enable the font manager again and load the font settings.

Let us know how it goes.

I read about that in other questions, tried it several times, no luck!

I tried it once more and now the classic header does not reflect even more settings …

now only this gets loaded:

link rel=‘stylesheet’ id=‘cs-google-fonts-css’ href=’//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Oswald%3A300%2C400&ver=2.1.7#038;subset=latin,latin-ext’ type=‘text/css’ media=‘all’

Hi There,

I did check the Theme Options > Header issue and the issue is on LOGO FONT WEIGHT, please do the following, set the LOGO FONT to inherit first then set the LOGO FONT WEIGHT to 300, then set the LOGO FONT back to Oswald. Do the same for NAVBAR FONT then save.

Hope that helps,
Cheers!

Did that a dozen times before, doesn’t help. Did you guys even read the initial question/information?

if we as users have to do stuff like: “disable the Font Manager in X/Pro > Theme Options > Typography then save the settings.” and: “set the LOGO FONT to inherit first then set the LOGO FONT WEIGHT to 300, then set the LOGO FONT back to Oswald. Do the same for NAVBAR FONT then save.”

As well as the fact that the font-weight field is screwed up most of the times as well as the doubling of the font list in the font manager (been reading about this for several moths now).

This only tells me that there are some serious flaws in this theme.

Please log in and try for yourself. If you mange to fix it, please tell me exactly how you managed to fix it and take a look at the reason why there’s such inconsistancy in the loading of fonts requested by the font manager and theme options,

Hi there,

Let’s keep focusing on the original problem that you are experiencing and we will tackle the others one by one, and if there is a bug we will surely add to our issue tracker.

I went to your website and did not touch the theme options, I just added a Test Page and it is working ok all the fonts in question are loading with no problem and there is o need to add extra sections and hide them.

I used the WhatFont Google Chrome extension to know which section of the page has which font.

Please check the Secure Note.

This is weird, I installed the same extention and checked the homepage and your test-page. Both show Oswald-300 for the logo-test and sans-serif for the menu. Also the Recent post links in the sidebar are Lato.

If I look at the image you made, the font in the menu is not Work sans, even though the extention says so. See this image:

If I inspect the page is see the fonts loaded (apart from Lato in the head) on the bottom of the page:

<link rel="stylesheet" id="cs-google-fonts-css" href="//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Oswald%3A300%2C400&amp;ver=2.1.7#038;subset=latin,latin-ext" type="text/css" media="all">

So it seems to me that it’s not a css problem, but a font-loading issue.

Richard

ps how can I add images to a secure note?

Hi there,

I still see the Work Sans for the menu, Oswald for the Logo and Title. The widget is indeed Lato as it is hardcoded in the CSS. You can simply change that by adding the CSS code below to Pro > Launch > Theme Options > CSS:

.widget.widget_recent_entries li a {
    font-family: "Oswald",sans-serif;
}

I am sure about the menu item as I change the generated CSS code and remove the Wok Sans and keep only the Sans Serif the view is completely different. (Check the Secure Note)

Needless to say that different browsers render the fonts differently depending on their engine. You can test the case with other browsers to see a slight difference.

To add an image to Secure Note. You need to add the image to normal reply first and copy/paste the generated code after the upload to the Secure Nite popup.

Thank you.

Hi,

how can a font be used if it isn’t loaded in the first place? It’s weird that changing to serif makes a difference (it doesn’t on my side). Could you check in the inspector if you see something else than:

<link rel="stylesheet" id="cs-google-fonts-css" href="//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Oswald%3A300%2C400&amp;ver=2.1.7#038;subset=latin,latin-ext" type="text/css" media="all">

see images in secure note.

Richard

Hi,

The only way I can get the menu items in the right font is by setting the headings font to Work sans-300, clearly not what i want though. Now it is loaded and picked up by Theme options / Header.

This is getting weirder by the hour …

Hey @RLav,

Sorry for the confusion. The issue you’re experiencing is a known bug. A fix will be coming soon but we could not give an exact time or what version it will be added. Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks.

Is this fixed in the new release and if not, how will I know when it is?

Hey There,

This should be fixed in the next release update. By the way, I have logged in and I disabled/enabled the font manager, checked the fonts in X > Launch > Templates > Fonts and saved my changes. Please check you site now as it is displaying the fonts correctly.

body font: Oswald 300
headings font: Oswald 400
logo font: Oswald 300
navbar font: Work Sans 300

Best Regards.

Seriously? First I get several replies from support members that clearly don’t take the time to really read/ try to comprehend the question at hand or take the issue seriously.

Then christian_y comes along saying: “Sorry for the confusion. The issue you’re experiencing is a known bug.”, like that gonna help me out. Confusion?

I find this slightly disappointing to put it mildly … Then you come along… If you simply looked at the source, you would have noticed the additional loading of google fonts, because I obviously had to find a temp solution for this theme-nuisance. Yes I did an extra wp_enqueue_style for the needed fonts in functions.php …

Using this theme is starting to feel like flying a 747 kept together with duct-tape. We as users pay for X or Pro for the theme as well as the support you speek so highly of.

Maybe themeco should focus on fixing known issues, instead of rolling out new features with possible additional bugs.

ps don’t take this just personal, but instead give it a thought …

Hi there,

The comment that @christian_y gave is based on a report in our issue tracker:

I am not sure if your case is the same one as in the description of the matter it talks about the header builder. But anyway that bug is already fixed in the new version of the theme.

So if the problem was the same you should not have any problems after updating the theme. The update is not in the automatic channel yet and you will need to download the latest version by going to your Themeco Dashboard and update the theme manually.

Kindly get back to us with the result.

Hi,

I can confirm that the font problems are solved with pro 2.02. Still had some initial problems with sections not showing up (only the thirst 4 did), but after a while they sorta magically returned for no obvious reason. Anyway, this issue seems solved. I’m gonna update to 2.04 now and see what happens. Still have to look at the fact that the header builder did not play nice with ie11, if I run into trouble again I will return to you in a new thread.

Richard

Hi there,

Glad it’s solved now, and about the IE11 issue, sure, please let us know any issue you’ll get. IE11 doesn’t support most modern features that use most of the browsers as of now, a bit tricky to apply the fixes for features that don’t exist or partially supported.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.