Font and paragraph styling displaying incorrectly for a split second upon page loading

As the title suggests, my paragraph stylings are displaying incorrectly for the first few seconds each page is loaded. This problem began randomly and I am afraid to go in and try to diagnose and inadvertently mess things up further. Help would be appreciated

Hey Adam,

I have checked your site and it seems to be because the delay on the Global CSS is loaded and it is caused by the optimization that you are using.

Can you try to clear your plugin’s cache or try to disable it?

Let us know how it goes.

Hi Jade,

Im sorry Im not quite sure how I would go about doing this - would you have any recommendations to point me in the right direction? Namely, which cache you’re referring to and where in the admin panel I might be able to locate the menu?

Thank you in advance.

Hey Adam,

We only can tell that your site is using some kind of optimization by looking at the browser’s dev tools and looking at the source code and checking the difference between the non-optimized setup and an optimized setup.

To lead you to the right direction, the issue happens because of your custom CSS in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.

The non-optimized output of WordPress’ Additional CSS is loaded inline.

In your site, it’s loaded externally that’s why you see a delay.

Now, we’re not sure what is causing that but it’s surely not our theme nor any of the bundled products we have because none of them could do that.

If you’re not sure what plugin is causing the issue, test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If that does not help, please remove all the custom CSS on your site and just use the elements and options available in our builders. Just note that I’m not saying that you should not use CSS. What I mean is, don’t use CSS or any custom code if you are not familiar with it as problems often arise from using custom code and fixing custom code is not included in our product support. If you do use them though and problems arise, you need to hire a web developer to fix your site.

Also, I’m not saying that you shouldn’t optimize your site. In fact, you should and we do have a Performance Guide here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-performance/210.

Please just note that our theme is only a part of WordPress and like any other themes, third-party factors could break it and we are not responsible for fixing third-party issues. With that said, it’s best that you have a consultant or developer on hand to guide you with everything WordPress except for our products which we support.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.