"Features Image" not working

Hello all,

after one of the last updates I cannot find anymore how to define a Youtube video as preview picture for a posting. In the past it was quite easy, like here:

But now I cannot find the option anymore where to put the Youtube link:

Can anybody help me? I’ve already spent hours searching.

Thanks
ChN

In former versions you could upload the preview pics or video just via “featured image”. This is not working anymore

The option “Featured Image” doesn’t work anymore. I cannot select any media there:

Hello Christof,

Thanks for writing in!

Please try out following solutions and see if you are able to upload featured image:

1. If you have Gutenberg plugin installed, from Plugins > Installed Plugins please deactivate Gutenberg and try to install Classic editor plugin. In case problem is still there, try to deactivate other plugins and see if featured image function is working. If it is then re-activate one plugin at a time to narrow down.
  2. Please make sure that you are using latest version of WordPress 5.2.2. Here’s a guide to update WordPress. https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/ultimate-guide-to-upgrade-wordpress-for-beginners-infograph/

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Dear Prasant,

thank you very much for your reply. I don’t have Gutenberg nor Classic Editor Plugin installed. Just tried to activate Cornerstone, which is not active. It didn’t work and gave the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Plugin_Base, because the name is already in use in /www/htdocs/w0177995/business-astrology.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/plugin-base.php on line 6

Cornerstone is still inactive. But afert this action the “Set featured image” option was back again.

Thanks again!

Hi Christof,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I see you’re using Pro and Pro does not require Cornerstone as all of the functionality is included natively. Simply hover on WP Admin > Pro and you will see the the options like Header, Content, Footer (see screenshot). When you click on the Content, this is the content editor which is using Cornerstone at the back-end. So you can safely remove Cornerstone from the plugins page.

Please also check:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Okay thank you. Yes, I was aware that Pro deactivates Cornerstone. But trying to activate it somehow solved the problem of the missing “featured image” function. Don’t know why and how…

Hello Christof,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked the website and see that Cornerstone is not active and featured image/Youtube is showing and working fine. In case you face any further issues, please create a new ticket and someone from Themeco support team will assist you accordingly.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.