Featured image in cornerstone

Is there a way to add a featured image for a blog post inside of cornerstone?

Hey John,

Yes, that is possible in Cornerstone using a combination of the Image element with Dynamic Content.

Firstly, please make sure that the Dynamic Content is enabled in the settings. To do that, click on the cog icon then enable Dynamic Content.

Once Dynamic Content is enabled, add an Image Element in Cornerstone then select the post featured image that you want to be displayed with that element:

Hope this helps.

How do you get the post ID? Thx for the follow up

Hi John,

Please check this KB article for that:

Hope this helps.

Ok full honesty alert… This is HARD as shit guys this needs a TON more work. It is way harder then just adding it via the standard interface.

Currently it’s not working after I entered my post ID, and I get this same ass “image” text in my blog post that I can’t get rid of and… finally the featured image isn’t working after this long up-hill climb.

So in the fut when some one asks can you do this is X lead with “yeah but it sucks” and thats all good you don’t have to do every thing.

Hi John,

We’re sorry to hear that you are struggling using this feature but you might be missing some step so kindly check this screencast:

I personally think that this is a great and handy feature and it makes things easier although I understand that it might be slightly tricky to use for the first time.

If it is still not working on your end, kindly double check the version of X and Cornerstone on your site and make sure that both are updated to the latest version.

In case the issues persists, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

I’m good I added it in the old school editor. Just it needs a lot more work. Thanks for the help.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.