Featured Image as Background

Hi all,

I’d like to have my featured image have full width so that it covers the entire screen. On top of the featured image, I’d like to have the post title.

I’d like to set the featured image as background instead of in an tag.

Would you be able to help me? I’m using the Ethos stack.

Thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! By default, the featured image is an image element when you view the single blog post. In the blog index, once the post item is assigned as featured post, the post item will display a different layout displaying the featured image as a background for the post title.

With your request, " to have my featured image have full width so that it covers the entire screen. On top of the featured image, I’d like to have the post title.", Regretfully, this particular customization is outside the scope of our support as this is not related to an issue with the theme and instead has to do with your customization of it.

Please note that issues that might arise from the use of custom modifications and further enhancements should be directed to a third party developer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hey There RueNel,

I did some crunching tonight and figured it out!

I was hoping you would be able to help me with something else though.

For single blog posts, I want the section background to have full-width, so across the entire screen. But I was the blog content to only be 900px wide. Do you know how I can achieve this?

Should be possible with just CSS adjustments, but I’m having a hard time.

Thanks!

As an example, I’d like the black background to go across the full width of a single block post.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! A black background to go across the full width of a single block post will only be possible if you created the post using Cornerstone. It may not be possible with the default WP editor. Before you can edit a post using Cornerstone, you must go to X > Settings > Permission and make sure that post editing is allowed. To know more about permissions, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/permissions/32879/1

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.