Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method TGM_Plugin_Activation

I have manually updated X and cornerstone via my FTP and my site remains non-editable. I’m not familiar with coding so this is all very stressful.

Do I need to updated this TGM plugin? I keep seeing that error too.
If so, is it part of X, or is it a lone plugin? I do not recall installing this plugin and I do not see it in the plugins folder of my FTP.

Here’s the full error code:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method TGM_Plugin_Activation::is_plugin_active() in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/x/validation/class-validation-cornerstone.php:55 Stack trace: #0 /home/XXXXXX/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): X_Validation_Cornerstone->maybe_show_notices(’’) #1 /home/XXXXXX/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array) #2 /home/cloudci6/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/XXXXXX/public_html/wp-admin/admin-header.php(281): do_action(‘admin_notices’) #4 /home/XXXXXX/public_html/wp-admin/update-core.php(666): require_once(’/home/XXXXXX/…’) #5 {main} thrown in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/x/validation/class-validation-cornerstone.php on line 55

XXXXXX = Home/user

Can someone direct me on how to fix this?
I’m not sure where the issue is located.

Thank you in advance!

edit
I followed this whole post already:

Hi Zach,

It seems that there is a bad installation case. The TGM Plugin is a PHP library that we use to recommend other plugins to install such as the Cornerstone. You can see details here:

But it seems that there is a missing part of the file which causes the use of the is_plugin_active() invalid.

Please delete the X folder via FTP. If you can access the website then, you can use the WordPress installation method to install the theme again. If not you need to reinstall the theme manually.

For more information about the update please click here, and for install click here.

Thank you.

Thank you so much for your reply! Quick question.
If I delete the X folder and re-install the Xtheme via the wordpress installer, will I lose my website?

Hi Zach,

You will not lose the website as the Theme Options are saved into the database. But I like the caution that you have, and it is a good characteristic and correct approach.

I would create a complete backup of my website if I were you before deleting the theme files just in case. I suggest that you contact your hosting service provider and ask them to give you a zip file of your website files and an export of your database.

Thank you.

Great! I think can handle this. Sorry for the delay here.

My theme is a child theme, so should I download that as well and replace both?

Hello Zach,

Please leave the child theme. Only the X theme needs to be removed and re-installed.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

I went through file manager via my hosting dashboard and deleted the X theme folder.
I was still unable to access any Wordpress buttons to install the theme from within Wordpress.
My site started showing the error when you I went to the domain as well, so I put a fresh X theme folder in there and it was back to normal. The site still functions, but I still cannot edit the backed at all.

This is the fatal error screen.

Please advise on what the next steps would be.

Thank you!

Hello Zach,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Can you please share FTP and WordPress login details in secure note for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

I could not apply a secure note to your response, so I attached it above. I’m sorry this is my first time having an issue and using the support here. Thank you so much for your help.

Hello Zach,

Can you please update your PHP version to 7.2?

May we have the permission to re install the theme through the Cpanel?

Kindly let us know.

I have updated PHP 7.2.20 and yes, you have my permission to re-install the theme through the Cpanel.

Thank you for all your help.

Hi Zach,

Did you update the credentials you provided above? because it was not working the second time around I try to log in, and WordFence blocks me for multiple wrong attempts.

Nevertheless, I think I found the issue before the site kicks me out. It’s a conflict with the contact-form-7-designer plugin, I was able to deactivate that plugin by renaming it in the cPanel File Managers.

You can also do that trick next time, by navigating to /wp-content/plugins/ and rename the contact-form-7-designer folder to something.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thank you for figuring that out Friech. It appears to be working properly again.

I didn’t change any of the login credentials. I’m not sure what was going on there. Maybe the location from the logins caused an issue.

I am a bit confused about the contact-form-7-designer rename. What was it named before? Did you rename it to contact-form-7-designer? Will it revert in the future if I updated the plugin?

All the best!

Hi Zach,

It could be your security plugin.

I renamed that folder contact-form-7-designer_deactivate and that deactivates the plugin and resolve the issue.

I then renamed it back to contact-form-7-designer which what you’re seeing now.

Unfortunately, we can not provide support for a 3rd party plugin conflict, please contact the plugin developer to report this issue.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.