Export posts and import: Pro editor not working

I just exported my posts from site A and imported these posts to site B but now the content builder Pro isn’t working. I built all of my posts into the content builder of site A. Why isn’t this working at site B?

Thanks.

Hi There,

Can you explain the process you did to export your posts?

Are looking to export just the posts or the whole website?

Thanks

step 1

step 2

Hi There,

The post is fine in your site, but you are using different stack in site A and different in site B.
If you can provide us the login details of both the setup so that we can confirm the issue.
Please send the details in a secure note.

Thanks

Hi,

Slack was indeed different. I just changed my dev environment to Renew; same as the site A. But still not working. See log in details in secure note.

Hi there,

What you need to do is database migration, what you export are just content of the pages but not the data attached to it. It’s the reason it can’t be editable in the builder, there is no data available. Please migrate your database from site A to site B, that should include everything including the missing data.

Thanks!

Hi,

What do you mean with ‘there is no data attached to it’? What data do you mean?

Because if you go to the URL you’ll see similar results. See secure note for URL’s.

The only difference is some styling.

The thing is; I don’t want to copy the database because there is an error in the old database so I need a new one.

Hi There,

It seems like the main difference are related to Theme Options Settings.

Please try to copy the Theme Options settings , like headline font and color from the original site to the new one.

And also the stack as well as already mentioned :slight_smile:

Let us know how it goes

Hi @Joao

Will that solve my problem about not having access to content builder?

This does not give me an answer to @Rad’s reply to me about the missing ‘data’. Can you please respond to my erlier question because I don’t feel my question gets answered.

Please see my reply 3 hours ago…

Thank you!

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion,

Cornerstone uses serialized data and the method you have used to export your posts might not be compatible with it.

You will need to export your posts vi Cornerstone > Templates and Import to new pages using Cornerstone > Templates as well.

Your other choice would be use a compatible method but if you are trying to not import the old database, doing it manually using Cornerstone templates would be the way to go.

Hope it helps

That’s the thing; I can’t access my templates. That’s the whole reason I’m doing this…

See: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/theme-x-pro-can-t-access-templates-2/20083/17.

So, you’re saying there’s no way for me to exports my posts and pages to a new wordpress site, and have access to the content builder, with a new database?

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Please be advised that when you create a page or a post, a serialized cornerstone data is saved along within as a post meta. When doing a WordPress import/export process, these data or Cornerstone data will not be included in the import. This is why as you have imported the page/post to another site, they become no longer editable with Cornerstone.

To be able to import your pages or posts created in Cornerstone, you will have to make use of the Cornerstone import/export function. You can do this by editing the page/post and save it as a Cornerstone template. You may download the page/post as a cornerstone template file and you can import this file to your new site in Cornerstone.

To know more how you can use the Cornerstone template function, please check out “Working with templates” from this article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-layout/122/1

Hope this explains it briefly.

I really appreciate fast replies and multiple admins responding to my questions but do you guys even take the time to read my questions and comments? @RueNel you just responded to my comment with a suggestion to use Theme X Templates when I JUST TOLD YOU in my latest comment (the one above yours) that I CAN’T use templates. Also referred to another topic of earlier this year where that’s all explained that I can’t use templates and your admins don’t know a solution either for fixing this problem…

In this same topic 2 people already are not reading my comments but just blindly responding… first @Joao and now @RueNel.

Sorry… but as you see my frustration is big. It’s really frustrating when people don’t listen/read but only talk…

Hi there,

Sorry for the confusion, but you said that you exported your posts from Site A and imported it to Site B, and which you said but now the content builder Pro isn't working so we assume that Site B has the issue. So what Ruenel and Joao’s provided are instructions for exporting your cornerstone’s template from Site A and import it to Site B.

If your Site A cornerstone isn’t working too then you can’t really export it to cornerstone template. In that case, what we need to check is your Site A’s builder before going further with the said issue. But I did check it and the builder is loading okay, so please export the template from there and import it to your Site B’s same page.

Please note that the two pages will look the same since they are already generated. But editing with the builder will not working if the data are corrupted or missing.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.