Theme x PRO: Can’t access templates (2)

The problem ‘can’t access templates’ is back for some reason >> https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/theme-x-pro-cant-access-templates/15468/21.

The solution ‘When I checked the initial load of the builder, templates go to content then going to back button and clicking templates make it work after that’ of @Lely worked for me but for some reason this doesn’t work anymore.

Please see log in details wordpress and ftp in secret note.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

It has redirects with plugins and with htaccess. Could you try backing up your site and disable the redirects and remove the redirect entries from htaccess? Then let me know, I couldn’t do that as it may break your site in the process :slight_smile:

The templates aren’t displaying since it redirects upon clicking.

If the purpose of redirects is due to HTTPS then you shouldn’t do that, instead, you should configure your site’s URL directly for HTTPS ( By setting the HTTPS URL in Admin > Settings > General)

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The secret note in my first msg is a dev environment of my website. So you couldn’t break my LIVE site by changing things, right?

PS: already configured my site’s url to https via admin > settings >general.

Hi there,

I double checked the htaccess file and it seems to be the default WordPress one so this must be a redirection which is related to your environment which we can not access you need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to help.

I tested by disabling all third-party plugins and changing the theme from the child theme to the parent one. I also changed the main URL of the Builder from x to builder. To do so I went to Pro > Settings.

The problem is originated from the URL which is getting loaded when you click on the templates button:

It should be: https://testrobbin.puppygroep.nl/x/cornerstone-endpoint

but it retrieves: https://testrobbin.puppygroep.nl/cornerstone-endpoint

This problem is presented on none of our installation, you will need to contact your hosting service provider to follow up the case and fix the redirection issue.

Thank you.

I contacted my host and he says it has nothing to do with their servers.

Also I copied the .htaccess file of another site (also my property - same host) where I’m running Theme X without any problems and also this didn’t help solve the problem. So .htaccess isn’t the problem.

Also I deleted all plugins with ftp so that can’t be the problem either.

I don’t know what else I can do to solve this problem…

Help please…

Hi there,

You’re right, removing htaccess and without plugins, it still the same. Are you on shared hosting? Or is this site was from a multi-site? I see from the folder structure. Could you try to create a separate staging where Wordpress core is fresh installed?

I like to compare the two, the redirect is always there and it won’t generate errors nor warnings.

Thanks!

Thank you.

Having a fresh Wordpress install will maybe solve the ‘template’ problem but how can I create a separate staging with a fresh Wordpress install while keeping all the pages, posts, comments, etc. of my website? As I need that content.

Thanks.

Hello There,

To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

I know how to create a staging area. As you see in my previous comments in this topic I already created a staging area and have sent you guys the log in details for that.

@Rad suggests to create a staging area where Wordpress core is fresh installed. Thats something else than just create a staging area of my website (a copy of my site).

My question is how can I create a staging area with a fresh Wordpress installed while keeping all the pages, posts, comments, media files, product, product orders (woocommerce data) etc. of my website? As I need that content.

Hi,

You can reset your staging site using this third party plugin.

Before doing it, kindly make sure that your live site and staging site are not using the same database.

Also make sure to backup your staging site - https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/

Thanks

Hi there,

The purpose of freshly installed staging is not to have existing contents and plugins. It’s to compare to your other staging (a clone of your site). Hence, what I need is two staging where I can test and compare, then transfer content for testing.

Another copy of empty staging (on the same host) should have no effect to the other staging or live site. But if your host doesn’t allow another Wordpress installation, then let’s not do that. I’ll continue checking with the available staging, but i can’t promise timely response.

Thanks.

@Rad just tested and the fresly installed Wordpress with plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-reset/ works. Templates function works now. What’s the next step for me to let it work on my live site?

See secured note with staging area.

Hi there,

I checked, and it’s working on the freshly installed Wordpress. It could be that your templates contain some broken code/html, or being blocked.

Unfortunately, there is no way for me to export your existing template to try it out, could you try All in one migration plugin to export your faulty staging to fresh staging? I can’t guarantee it since it will still carry the same data. How many templates are there? I’ll check on my installation if it’s something I can export through database, but again, it’s not guaranteed.

Thanks!

There are no templates, yet. I just want to have the ability to create new templates.

I’m not sure if I understand you correctly. What is it that you want me to do next so that I can have a working template function in my live site?

Thanks.

Hi there,

The fact that the newly installed version of the WordPress with the theme is working ok shows that there must be something wrong with your live installation. We do not have any idea why this is happening to you. As you see throughout this thread and previous threads we did our best to troubleshoot the cause of the issue but we do not know why this is happening on your live website.

We honestly are out of options here. My last suggestion is to clean your database transients and see if it has any effect. You can do that by backing up your website completely and install this plugin.

If that is not working we are out of options here.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you. Just tested Transient Cleaner but that didn’t work.

But if I understand you correctly; you’re saying there is no way I can re-install Wordpress on my live site and keep all the data? Because that will result in a template function that works.

Backup your site and try the reset plugin in your live site. If that does not help, try reinstalling WordPress by going to WP Admin Menu > Dashboard > Updates and click the Re-install Now button.

If nothing helps, we’re sorry but the issue could be in your host or something in your live setup. For that, you need to hire a developer to investigate what is causing the issue.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.