Ethos Theme, Blog Posts, Masonry, Customizing

How do I customize the Masonry view for blog posts so that our actual posts appear in the blank boxes?

Hi there,

Thanks for writing around! Are you trying to display a border around the blog post? If that’s the case then try adding

.blog .x-main .hentry {
    border: 1px solid #ccc !important;
    padding: 10px !important;
}

@media screen and (min-width: 768px) {
    .blog .x-main .hentry {
        margin-right: 2% !important;
        width: 46% !important;
    }
}

If you’re looking for something else then please share a design / mockup with us so we can take a closer look.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Here’s our site. www.bobcatnewsnetwork.com

You’ll see our three posts all blacked out, but with the title of each post in white lettering. I’m using Ethos and I have Blog posts set to appear in a three-column masonry view. Can I customize the masonry blocks so that the posts appear in the blocks?

Hello There,

In Ethos stack, the masonry layout is designed to display the featured images along with each post titles. At the moment, all of you post does not have any featured images in it. Please edit it so that the featured images will display inside the grid boxes.

I noticed that your posts displays Video in it. Why don’t you use the Post Formats so that the video will display in the masonry grid. To know more about post formats, please check this out: https://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Formats, https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/meta-options-posts/143

And if you want to display the post excerpts, it would require you to install a child theme. What you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you! Very helpful!

Do you have any idea why the video will not show in the index as a thumbnail after I re-classified the post as a Video Post? It appears on the post itself, but not the index. When I click on Featured Image option it wants me to upload an image, not a URL.

Hi There,

For video post you have to add the video URL in Video Post etting section below to the content area.

and you have to use a feature image to show in home page

Hope this helps!

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.