Ethos portfolio page title missing

Hi, trying to figure this one out, and I didn’t see this specific question in the forum.

I recently switched from the Integrity stack to Ethos, and now my Portfolio single page titles are missing, as well as my Blog/Posts index page.

I’ve attached screen shots.

Any ideas?

Wordpress Version 4.9.1
Pro Theme Version 1.2.7

Thanks

Garet

Hi there,

Each stack in our theme has unique options that are available only for that specific stack. For example, the title feature of the blog index page is available in the Integrity stack by going to X > Launch > Options > Integrity:

Now that you changed the stack to Ethos, the above option is not valid anymore and if you go to X > Launch > Options > Ethos you will see no option like that. The Ethos stack does not have that feature.

One alternative is that you add a category, for example, News by going to Posts > Categories. There you can select the added category and then you will find the Archive Title option which you can use:

Then you need to include the category you have just added to the menu.

Hope it helps.

Hi Christopher, thanks for getting back to be about this.

The reason I asked the question was, as I was reviewing the Demos on the X Theme site I saw the Ethos Portfolio and Blog pages. And both of those appear to have titles.
http://demo.theme.co/ethos-1/portfolio-item/keyhole-arch/
http://demo.theme.co/ethos-1/category/music/dance/electro/

I went through and made the changes you suggested to the Blog pages. I now understand how it works with the Category Archive title. But it still didn’t appear.

So I decided to turn off the Pro Headers globally to see if the titles were being hidden, and there they were. I’ve attached screen shots of both with Pro head on and without.

So it seems that by using the Pro Headers feature I am eliminating the ability to see a page head. Is this correct? That is problematic as I feel like the Pro headers should only be altering the heads, not the pages below.

How can I correct this? Is there even a way?

Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers

Garet

Hello There,

Thank you for the clarifications. I have seen now the issue. Let me explain it first. The page titles and the category archive titles were part of the header as a landmark header. This landmark header is only available when you are using the default theme header. As soon as you create a custom header and assign it to the page, the default header along with the landmark header will now disappear and will be replaced with your newly created custom header.

You may resolve your issue and place the landmark header even if you are now using custom header. Please refer to the solution given by Rad:

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi,

So this worked on the Blog Index page. With one minor issue. No matter what I do I can’t get the title to center. Using Google Inspect I’ve narrowed down a possible issue but It’s a crucial component to the entire theme.

If you look at my screen shot you can see the word “NEWS” is slightly out of alignment. If I turn of the Margins for the “.x-container” then it centers but that will remove the ability to center the whole blog. So I’m sure there is an easy fix for this, or something I’ve messed up.

Now the fix didn’t really work for the single blog pages. Because I added the blog title directly into the pro header it added it to my post index “Category Archive title” page, but it shows up blank on my single post page. Not sure what to do.

Thanks for the help.

Garet

Hi there,

Kindly change the code to the one below which adds the post title to the same place for single posts:

add_shortcode('awesome_landmark','awesome_landmark');

function awesome_landmark ( $atts ) {

ob_start();

$disable_page_title = get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_x_entry_disable_page_title', true );
	$disable_filters    = get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_x_portfolio_disable_filtering', true );

?>

<?php if ( is_home() && x_get_option( 'x_integrity_blog_header_enable' ) == '1' ) : ?>

<header class="x-header-landmark x-container max width">
			<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo x_get_option( 'x_integrity_blog_title' ); ?></span></h1>
			<p class="p-landmark-sub"><span><?php echo x_get_option( 'x_integrity_blog_subtitle' ); ?></span></p>
		</header>

<?php elseif ( is_single() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo get_the_title(); ?></span></h1>
		</header>

<?php elseif ( is_search() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php _e( 'Search Results', '__x__' ); ?></span></h1>
			<p class="p-landmark-sub"><span><?php _e( "Below you'll see everything we could locate for your search of ", '__x__' ); echo '<strong>&ldquo;'; the_search_query(); echo '&rdquo;</strong>'; ?></span></p>
		</header>

<?php elseif ( is_category() || x_is_portfolio_category() ) : ?>

<?php

$meta     = x_get_taxonomy_meta();
		$title    = ( $meta['archive-title']    != '' ) ? $meta['archive-title']    : __( 'Category Archive', '__x__' );
		$subtitle = ( $meta['archive-subtitle'] != '' ) ? $meta['archive-subtitle'] : __( "Below you'll find a list of all posts that have been categorized as ", '__x__' ) . '<strong>&ldquo;' . single_cat_title( '', false ) . '&rdquo;</strong>';

?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo $title ?></span></h1>
			<p class="p-landmark-sub"><span><?php echo $subtitle ?></span></p>
		</header>

<?php elseif ( x_is_product_category() ) : ?>

<?php

$title    = ( $meta['archive-title']    != '' ) ? $meta['archive-title']    : __( 'Category Archive', '__x__' );
		$subtitle = ( $meta['archive-subtitle'] != '' ) ? $meta['archive-subtitle'] : __( "Below you'll find a list of all items that have been categorized as ", '__x__' ) . '<strong>&ldquo;' . single_cat_title( '', false ) . '&rdquo;</strong>';

?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo $title ?></span></h1>
			<p class="p-landmark-sub"><span><?php echo $subtitle ?></span></p>
		</header>

<?php elseif ( is_tag() || x_is_portfolio_tag() ) : ?>

<?php

$title    = ( $meta['archive-title']    != '' ) ? $meta['archive-title']    : __( 'Tag Archive', '__x__' );
		$subtitle = ( $meta['archive-subtitle'] != '' ) ? $meta['archive-subtitle'] : __( "Below you'll find a list of all posts that have been tagged as ", '__x__' ) . '<strong>&ldquo;' . single_tag_title( '', false ) . '&rdquo;</strong>';

?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo $title; ?></span></h1>
			<p class="p-landmark-sub"><span><?php echo $subtitle; ?></span></p>
		</header>

<?php elseif ( x_is_product_tag() ) : ?>

<?php

$title    = ( $meta['archive-title']    != '' ) ? $meta['archive-title']    : __( 'Tag Archive', '__x__' );
		$subtitle = ( $meta['archive-subtitle'] != '' ) ? $meta['archive-subtitle'] : __( "Below you'll find a list of all items that have been tagged as ", '__x__' ) . '<strong>&ldquo;' . single_tag_title( '', false ) . '&rdquo;</strong>';

?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo $title; ?></span></h1>
			<p class="p-landmark-sub"><span><?php echo $subtitle; ?></span></p>
		</header>

<?php elseif ( is_404() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php _e( 'Oops!', '__x__' ); ?></span></h1>
			<p class="p-landmark-sub"><span><?php _e( "You blew up the Internet. ", '__x__' ); ?></span></p>
		</header>

<?php elseif ( is_year() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php _e( 'Post Archive by Year', '__x__' ); ?></span></h1>
			<p class="p-landmark-sub"><span><?php _e( "Below you'll find a list of all posts from ", '__x__' ); echo '<strong>'; echo get_the_date( 'Y' ); echo '</strong>'; ?></span></p>
		</header>

<?php elseif ( is_month() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php _e( 'Post Archive by Month', '__x__' ); ?></span></h1>
			<p class="p-landmark-sub"><span><?php _e( "Below you'll find a list of all posts from ", '__x__' ); echo '<strong>'; echo get_the_date( 'F, Y' ); echo '</strong>'; ?></span></p>
		</header>

<?php elseif ( is_day() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php _e( 'Post Archive by Day', '__x__' ); ?></span></h1>
			<p class="p-landmark-sub"><span><?php _e( "Below you'll find a list of all posts from ", '__x__' ); echo '<strong>'; echo get_the_date( 'F j, Y' ); echo '</strong>'; ?></span></p>
		</header>

<?php elseif ( x_is_portfolio() ) : ?>
		<?php if ( $disable_page_title != 'on' || $disable_filters != 'on' ) : ?>

<?php if ( $disable_page_title != 'on' ) : ?>
					<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php the_title(); ?></span></h1>
				<?php endif; ?>
				<?php x_portfolio_filters(); ?>
			</header>

<?php endif; ?>
	<?php elseif ( x_is_shop() && x_get_option( 'x_integrity_shop_header_enable' ) == '1' ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo x_get_option( 'x_integrity_shop_title' ); ?></span></h1>
			<p class="p-landmark-sub"><span><?php echo x_get_option( 'x_integrity_shop_subtitle' ); ?></span></p>
		</header>

<?php elseif ( x_is_buddypress() ) : ?>
		<?php if ( x_buddypress_is_component_with_landmark_header() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo x_buddypress_get_the_title(); ?></span></h1>
				<p class="p-landmark-sub"><span><?php echo x_buddypress_get_the_subtitle(); ?></span></p>
			</header>

<?php endif; ?>
	<?php endif;

return ob_get_clean();

}

Regarding the centering, you can add the shortcode to the Text Element and use the Text Element options to set thing correctly.

kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the reply. I’m sorry this is getting complicated.

So I’ve implemented the changes above. It works for what it is intended to do. But now I have a rather large post title above my single post pages. So I’m wondering if it is possible to style just the single posts title, possibly a class in the .PHP?

I want to keep the title “NEWS” the way it is styled on the index post page, but independently style the single post page titles similar to the way they are currently. As well as remove the current title below the featured image, as I now have a title above.

I am attaching a screen shot.

I’ll add my URL/User/Pass un a secure post immediately after this.

Thanks in advance for the time.

Garet

Hi there,

Thank you for the login information. One of the cool features of the Pro theme is that it adds necessary classes to the body tag on each page to determine which page it is. I used the Google Chrome Developer Toolbar to see what will be a correct selector for this case. For more information about the tool I suggest that you check these articles:

Now regarding the correct selector. Please add your CSS code between the selector below for the title section only on single posts:

.single-post .h-landmark span {

}

To remove that title below the Image you can add the code below to Pro > Launch > Theme Options > CSS:

.single-post .entry-header {
    display: none;
}

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.