Ethos Carousel Overlay Custom Text

I’ve used custom text in the overlay of the carousel by using code like this:

.x-post-carousel-item .post-55 .x-post-carousel-meta:after 
{
    content: "custom text, more text, even more, etcetera";
}

Since recent updates/changes, the text isn’t displayed 'pretty anymore; whitespaces are gone after comma’s and text isn’t wrapped.

How can I fix this?

Hi There @drfretboard

Thanks for writing in! In your custom CSS rule, you have the following parameter .post-55 which refers to the post ID and that post ID not in the current post carousel.

To locate post IDs, please refer to the following article (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-locate-post-ids/59).

You need to change your CSS rule according to the post id you have in the post carousel.

Hope that helps.

Hello,

Actually, the post ID does exist in the actual implementation and the custom text is transferred correctly via CSS.

But the text behaves oddly.

When I have the X Pro “Theme Options” sidebar active, it behaves correctly: a whitespace after a comma (,) and correct wrapping.

BUT! when the website is active WITHOUT the Theme Options sidebar, the text displays faulty.

See screenshot 1 and 2:

1: CORRECT, BUT WITH “THEME OPTIONS”:

2: FAULTY AND WITHOUT THE “THEME OPTIONS”:

Hi There,

Please try updating your custom CSS to this:

.x-post-carousel-item .post-55 .x-post-carousel-meta:after {
    content: "akkoorden,beginners,blues,country,Elektrische gitaar,funk,gevorderden,Gitaarles,gospel,jazz,metal,opwekking,rock,soul";
    word-wrap: break-word;
}

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.