Essintial grid

hi i have been having problems editing the essential grid skin
for instance the essential grid named**“imi iun”** in my grid list
i cant seem to edit the skin. i have done so with success in the past but everything is locked i cant add layers or edit the existing ones. also i cant edit skins which i have edited before. can you please take a look.
the grid showes here
what i am trying to do is make the title linkable to the post. i know how to do so but cant seem to edit anything

attached screenshoot

Amir

Hey Amir,

It sounds like there is a Javascript conflict in the back-end of your site. Please tyy testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Also temporarily remove customizations and deactivate browser extensions if you have any.

Thanks.

i turned off all 3rd party plugins
but still no editing capabilities can you pleas give it a try
at the moment i am trying to add a date to the grid cover please see if you can?
do you need my login details

Yes, please provide your credentials in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

please see credentials

Please see the error in the Secure Note below. It is coming from WordPress core which might be related to your site’s language. Could your try setting back your language to English just to check if the issue persists? If it does, please also keep it in English while we investigate so it is easy for us to navigate.

Thanks.

ok i changed the language to English but the problem is still happening, please continue checking

by the way it was never in English Essential grid has been working fine in Hebrew.

one more thing since having wordpress in English completely changes the way the site looks like i cannot leave it this way for a long time please try and hurry since the site is live and looks relay bad in hebrew now

good luck

In this case, please change it back to Hebrew and give us FTP access. If you can copy your site to a staging server so we could investigate freely and without risk of accidental changes, that would be great. Once you’ve done that, give us WP admin and FTP access to the staging site.

Thanks.

sorry but i dont know whats a: staging server

Sorry I should have added a link in my previous reply. Please read this article.

Thanks.

ok i have created a staging site

Hi,

The ftp login provided doesn’t seem to have the right access.
I could not see any wordpress files.

I have set your staging site to english so we can better debug it. I have also deleted the essential grid plugin as I would like to re-install it though the ftp is not working.

Can you please reinstall the plugin in your staging site via ftp and see if it still having the same issue.

Thanks

ok i have uploaded a fresh plugin and it works, then i tried to import my grid from the live site and it made everything not work again. what can be the problem?
at the moment i reinstalled a fresh plugin again so you can check

The Essential Grid works fine in staging. Skin editing works. This means there’s something in the live site causing the issue. Can you provide us with the live site’s FTP or cPanel access?

Thanks.

please see above ftp details

Hey @caspiton,

I see the difference that might be causing this issue. In your staging and live site, you’re using X version 5.2.3 and latest Cornerstone.But, you’re using Essential Grid 2.1.6.1 in your staging and 2.1.6.2.1 in your live site. Please update everything to the latest version and let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks.

i dont think it makes much sense
first the live site plugin is updated and that is the location of the problem.
second of all the plugin on the staging site is a plugin which i downloaded yesterday from your site at theemforest and further more wordpress wont let me update it claiming there is no somthing something…
please check

perhaps i cant update it since my X license is ​not validated​ on the staging site

Please update X in your live site then test again.

This might not be the cause of the issue but it is worth a try and it is recommended that you update to the latest version of X, Cornerstone and the bundled plugins.

Thanks.

ok i updated it
it didnt help