Essential grid problems - Pro editor + Raw content issue

Hello ThemeCo Team!

I need help with resolving an issue which I’ve previously reported which I evidently haven’t mitigated completely.

Previous issue can be found on this thread.

After some layout changes the issue re-appeared and I’ve pinpointed the source of the issue to be the Essential Grid.

To elaborate the issue I’ll illustrate the layout of the post I’m using in Cornerstone:

[Breadcrumbs]
[Title]
[Essential Grid]
[Text]
[Raw content to display PDF]

The problems which are appearing are:

• Text segment after the Essential grid dissappears
  • Raw content duplicates itself
  • Shortcodes can be seen after raw content render
  • I cannot select “Essential Grid” item in Pro editor (even if I put it in “content” element, it simply disappears after inspecting anything else)

The issues do not appear when I remove Essential Grid from the layout.

Duplicated raw content with shortcodes in between:

And once more, here is the code I’m using in raw content element (which is working normally when I remove the Essential Grid from post):

<object width="400" height="950" type="application/pdf" data="link-to-file.pdf?#zoom=100&scrollbar=1&toolbar=1&navpanes=1" id="pdf_content">
<p>Error!<a href="link-to-file.pdf?#zoom=100&scrollbar=1&toolbar=1&navpanes=1">Download PDF</a></p>

Please let me know if something can be done about it.

I’ve left a secure note with links and login details with admin rights.

Thank you in advanced!
-Marko

Hi there,

Unfortunatelt the given credentials are not working for us to be able to see the website. Please kindly double check the informaiton.

We do not have any reports regarding the Essential Grid affecting other parts of the page. This is 100% something related to your case and it might be a problem of unclosed HTML tags or that sort of issue.

To make sure please kindly add a new page and only add the Essential Grid, not the grid that you have a new sample one and then test with other elements. If that is working ok then the problem is either the specific grid which you have created or the other parts of the page you have.

Thank you.

Hello Christopher,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I’ve edited the secure note with a proper auth. credentials so you can re-try at your convenience.

I understand that the unclosed tags are the most common issue and are rather difficult to debug, however, I believe that it’s not happening within the raw content as everything works without the grid, and you have the code snippet in this thread.

As for a more sterile environment I’ve just created a test post which only has breadcrumbs and three of my grids, where one grid is using a different theme and shows up properly, while the other ones which are problematic only render short codes.

URI of the post has been added to the secure note.

This definitely means that the grid itself is an issue, however, I’m not sure what could’ve gone wrong as I only edited the styles using the given settings, without custom markup,styling or functionality.

Additionally, as I previously mentioned, the Essential Grid cannot be changed from within Pro editor. In example, a working Grid can be found on the homepage, however, I’d have to delete the row and input a new one in case I wanted to replace the current grid with another one. I’m not sure if this could be related to the Ess. Grid preload or the conflicts between the Editor and Grid.

The only workaround for that issue is adding a content element or raw content element which contains the grid’s shortcode and something else.

Please let me know if you find something.

Thank you once more for the assistance and insight.

Regards,
-Marko

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. As soon as I managed to check your website and pass the website pass barrier I found out that you are using the old version of the theme. That indeed might be problematic. I am not sure that is the root cause but you do need to update the theme and test the case before we follow up.

Please kindly update the theme to version 1.2.7. Also, make sure that you are using the latest version of the Essential Grid by going to Plugins page and click on the Essential Grid update link if you see such a thing.

Don’t forget to backup the website completely and kindly get back to us with the result.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.