Essential grid not displaying, reason unknown

Thanks Rad

I have disabled WP-Rocket and changed the nameservers. Hopefully you can identify how this is happening now.

Please let me know if there are other issues that I have to attend to.

Thanks

Hi Rad

We have an issue. When we disable cloudflare our site gets locked down.

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from meditateinolympia.org (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Automatically send some system information and page content to Google to help detect dangerous apps and sites. Privacy policy
ReloadHIDE ADVANCED
meditateinolympia.org normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to meditateinolympia.org this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be meditateinolympia.org, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit meditateinolympia.org right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

I have had to change the nameservers back to CF.

Do you have another way to troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks

The name redirects have taken effect and you can now view the site again. Also, I am available to give you access to CF for you to make changes as needed.

Is there a way to identify the script and ask WP-rocket to not manipulate it?

Hi there,

I still can’t access your CF, it requires authentication code. I’ll watch this thread and please provide the code from CF.

We can’t identify the script yet, but even if we did, you can’t just exclude it due to dependencies in Wordpress libraries. Async loading could affect the loading order of the script and it’s the common cause why script fails.

Thanks!

Here is the verification code. I will be around for the next 4 hours to try to provide you a new code if you need one.

Hi there,

Unfortunately, the given code did not work:

I added a test page and did not use the Cornerstone or Visual Composer. I just pasted the shortcode of the Essential Grid to the page and the result is the same.

I suggest that you move your website to a staging server and there you can easily purge the cache and disable the plugins and disengage the website from CloudFlare and tets the case.

To be on the safe side I double checked the case and our theme is compatible with Essential Grid and we do not have the same problem in our installation.

Thank you.

A quick update

Hi Chris,

I have a question about this suggestion based on the fact that we have a live site we are working with.

Hello There,

We have several staff working around the clock in different timezone and location. It would be best if you temporarily disable the authentication code verification to let our staff check your CF settings as soon as possible for the resolution of this issue.

Can we receive a temporary license code?
Please be advised the for every license, you can validate two sites. That is for the live site and for the staging site. Simply go to your licenses page (https://theme.co/apex/licenses) and assign the urls for the live and staging url in your license and you can validate the theme in both urls.

To know more about validation, please check it here:

I will see if I can find out how. I don’t have OAUTH on there, it is just blocking suspicious activity. My gmail account does the same thing when it sees login attempts outside of my normal region.

Hello There,

I wasn’t able to login.

The authentication failed.

Perhaps if you get this message in time you can try with this new token

Unfortunately, it is hopeless as we all have different IP addresses and we keep getting blocked and the tokens will not help us to get into the account.

Please consider the way we will test there is to turn the developer mode on and shut down the CF completely, but even if we do that as the DNS servers are set to use CF it will not completely get out of the way.

I strongly suggest that you consider moving your website to another test server without CF to check the case.

Another point that just came to my mind is the possible Database transient caches. Kindly backup your website completely and install the plugin below:

Then try to clean the transients of the database and see if it fixes the original problem.

Anyway, we are out of options here and we really need you to do the move the site test for us.

Thank you for your understanding.

I am going to work on getting a mock site setup for you guys to run a test on. I will get back to you.

I told CF about the issue with the Multi-factor authentication. They don’t have a work around. But, I will look to see if I can find one.

The transient cleaner causes the grid to appear, but if I refresh the screen the grid disappears. So, it is a useful tool for cleaning, but not maintaining the appearance.

I will update you when there is a site for you to work on that isn’t routed through cloudflare.

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. The fact that cleaning the transient brings back the grid shows this is 100% a cache related problem even if it disappears afterward.

Accessing the CF will is not that important at this stage as the most that we can do there is to follow this instruction:
https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

I suggest that at this stage you consider the staging website and also temporarily first purge all the caches from the plugins you have, then deactivate them. After that set the CF to development mode:
https://www.fastcomet.com/tutorials/cloudflare/development-mode

Then use the Transient Cleaner tool. Check the result.

Thank you.

Great news. I set up a staging area. I activated the X theme and installed 4 plugins
Cornerstone
Essential Grid
WP Page Builder
and the Transient Cleaner.

You can see the result here or here

Neither of them work. They will display after executing a transit cleaner cleaning, but they disappear on refresh.

There is no CF, no WP-Rocket, no interference from within the installation.

So, I am considering it is

1. a hosting issue?
  2. a previously incorporated customization issue?

I’d love to hear if you have other ideas.

You can take a look. I will provide the login credentials again for your convenience.

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. I did check few points here. I downgraded the Essential Grid and added 2 new test pages with no result.

This seems to be related to the grid you are trying to use maybe. I am not sure about that. I suggest that you use the Export functionality of the Essential Grid to export your Grids: https://meditateinsouthsound.org/wp-admin/admin.php?page=essential-grid-import-export

Then Just install a fresh installation of the WordPress on your local machine and import the grids. It seems for some reason the grids are the problem.

Unfortunately, this is the most we can be of a help and we are all out of options here regarding your case.

Chris thank you so much. I know that this has been difficult to resolve.

After having eliminated all possible issues with you, I decided to get ready to write to EG in hopes that they would help me even though I don’t own a license.

I made a new grid and it displayed, then disappeared on refresh. Everytime, I updated the grid in EG it would display again. I realized that EG has it’s own caching system!

SOLUTION FOR ESSENTIAL GRID CACHING ISSUE
When using WP-Rocket or W3, the Essential Grid native caching must be turned off!
There is a sidebar menu under Ess. Grid called Global Settings. Caching gets turned off there.

Check out our test page again. It works. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the help. Glad we got to a solution that others can make use of. I hope this thread is beneficial for others.

You’re welcome and thanks for sharing the solution :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.