Essential Grid glitch; can't edit

I am unable to edit any of my essential grids. When I click “settings” on a grid, it takes me to a page that is blank except for the word, “created,” in the top left corner. Essential Grid plugin and theme are up to date. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hi There @nwmc

Thanks for writing in! Please cross check with our version guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195) and confirm that you’re fully updated.

Then if you’re still having this issue, try disabling your 3rd party plugins and see if you’re experiencing a plugin conflict. If the issue is resolved, you can then activate your plugins one-by-one to see which plugin cause the issue.

The other most common is that the PHP version that you’re running on your server. We recommend PHP version 5.6.x or higher to avoid incompatibility issues.

Also try increasing your PHP memory limit by following our guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935).

If you’re still having issues, provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Thanks for getting back to me. We did all the things you suggested and still no luck. I’ll add a secure note with login credentials.

Hi there,

Thanks for the details. I checked your site but I am not yet able to find what is causing the issue. Would you mind double checking the memory limit allocated to PHP if you haven’t done so already. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If you have double checked this an confirm that you have done the suggestions previously given, is there a chance that you can setup a staging site which is a duplicate of the live site? This is for us to be able to do more checking without disrupting the live site. When you’re able to get a staging site setup, kindly provide us with the admin and FTP details so that we can check the issue further.

Thank you.

We’ve done the previous suggestions and just created a staging site. I’ll send that info in a secure note.

Oddly enough, the essential grid plugin is working on the staging site… But we still don’t know what to do to fix it on the real site.

We also tried reinstalling the plugin, but that didn’t help either.

Thanks for your help!

Hello @nwmc,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Yes, I logged into the staging website and over there I can edit Essential Grid items. On live website, please do the following.

1. Please deactivate and delete Essential Grid plugin from Plugins > Installed Plugins.
  2. After that try installing Essential Grid using the zip file I am sharing in secure note.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Unfortunately still broken.

Hello @nwmc,

Thanks for updating the thread.

In that case please share FTP details of live website in secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Here you go! Thanks for all the help.

Hey @nwmc,

I’ve tested resetting the htaccess and checking the file permissions which I suspected are causing the issue but they didn’t work. Would you mind providing us FTP access to the staging site so we could compare?

Since you’ve tried re-installing, the issue could be somewhere in the server or WordPress setup. I am currently having a hard time finding out where though.

Thanks.

Sure. See secure note.

Hello There,

I am another staff checking on this thread. I already checked everything. I even re installed the Essential Grid plugin and the issue still exist. May we have your permission to do a test for plugin conflict? We need to set your site in under construction mode and disable the plugins one by one so see if this error is cause by a plugin or not.

And before anything else, could you please make sure that you have met the server requirements to run the latest WordPress core? Please check this out: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Kindly let us know. Thanks.

We are running PHP 5.6.36, not 7.2 or higher like wordpress suggests. However, the website that works (broken.seventy48) and the website that doesn’t work are running the same php on the same server, just in different directories. Would they not both be broken?

I give y’all permission to do a test for a plugin conflict.

Thanks!

Hello There,

I disabled the plugin one by one and I could not figure out which one has caused it. I went to Supercache and deleted the cache. When I check back the grids, it is already working. I am not so sure what has changed but it is working now:

Please clear your caches including your browser cache or you can use private browsing mode or Incognito mode and test your browser again.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hey there,

I cleared my browser data, went to the essential grid plugin and was able to edit one of the grids. But then I tried to edit a second grid, and I got the “created” page again, and now I’m getting that page when I try to edit any of the grids. So I tried clearing my browser cache, tried the incognito window, still no luck. Tried deleting the cache using the supercache plugin, still no luck.

Any other suggestions?

Hi @nwmc,

You should try cleaning your cache plugin’s cache before deleting your browser cache. Else, it’s going to just redownload the same cache in your browser.

I also checked and I’m able to edit them now, may I know which grid isn’t working or can’t be edited?

Thanks!

We ended up moving broken.seventy48 (the staging site that was working) to production/live. So for whatever reason, that seems to have fixed it. Hopefully it sticks.

Thank you for all your help. Guess the cause of the problem will remain a mystery.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

Hi again,
The problem has come back. Do y’all have any other suggestions for what we can do?

Hi @nwmc,

It seems to be host related as it’s only happening in your on that specific site even after full-overwrite from the staging. Do your staging runs on the same host?

I recommend trying it on another host to compare it. I myself have no idea what’s happening behind it. And to see if the same issue is going to repeat there.

And it’s not an error since it only displays a create text, hence, can’t be logged. But it could URL variables being the same to other plugins, hence intercepting the request. Have you installed something before the issue reappears?

Thanks!