Essential grid files missing (back-end)

Hi

I was using W3 cache to minify the js slowing my site down. Many of the recommended Google Insights urls were Essential Grid related, so I minified those. However, I had a few problems with other plugins (Layerslider js was required and would no longer load. So I tried removing (not deleting) the affected js, which didn’t make any difference. Then I deactivated W3 cache and everything was back up, apart from the back-end files for Essential Grid - you can see them on the front-end but you can’t see them from the back-end to edit. So I deleted W3 completely and reinstalled Essential Grid, but whatever that js is still missing. I don’t want to do a hard reset, as I have spent a lot of time on customised skins… can you help? Thanks

Hi,

How did you reinstall the essential grid plugin?

Please deactivate and delete it from plugins page then install it back via X > VALIDATION.
By doing that, it should the plugin complete files.

Another option is to upload plugin files through FTP.
Please check manual updates section on the link below.

It’s the same steps for re-uploading plugin files.

Thanks.

Hi

Thanks. I reinstalled via X. Have just tried manually uploading via ftp too but files are still missing. The files are there - just not viewable from back-end…

Hello @SiobhanH,

Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look and fix the issue? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

• FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Thanks - details have been added.

Hi @SiobhanH,

May I know the exact URL of missing javascript? I don’t see any issue on both admin and front, except for errors origination from query monitor plugin.

And you shouldn’t delete the javascript files (though I’m not sure what you mean by removing it while not deleting).

The optimization plugin generates optimized files from those original files, deleting them will only worsen it.

Thanks!

Hi

It’s the Essential Grid files that are missing from the back-end, not js. I was explaining what action I had taken before the issue started happening (for context), that was all.

(The JS wasn’t deleted, I just removed the urls from the minify section in W3.)

If you look at the ES plugin dashboard, no files are showing to edit:

But the files are showing on the front end:

Hi There,

Upon checking your website, I could see that you have 29 active plugins.

Please try testing a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi

Thanks. I’ve tried that when I first noticed the problem - it’s not a plugin conflict.

Hello @SiobhanH,

I have logged in and investigated the issue. I even deleted and re installed the plugin. I created an example grid and still it does not display. Can we have the permission to put your site in under construction mode and deactivate your plugins one by one. We need the find the culprit of this issue because this only happens in your installation. We cannot replicate this issue in our local testing servers.

Kindly let us know.

Hi

You have permission, but as I said above I’ve already done this. I’ve deactivated all plugins and the files are still missing with only Essential Grid activated.

Hi @SiobhanH,

I couldn’t find what’s causing this, I checked the database and they are all there. Plus, there is no error at all.

Is there a way we can find something about error logs from your hosting? I’m trying to find it from cpanel but it only display the raw access logs. Seems to be host environment related.

Thanks!

Hi, you can access the server-side error logs from the cpanel (like permissions, timeouts and htaccess issues etc). There’s nothing recorded, so all fine from that side currently. They’ve said if it’s WP errors needed, I’d need to enable WP_DEBUG in the wp_config. Also, to try a debugging plugin that fits the description. But that they don’t know, specifically, what error files you need. They also have the option of contacting their advance tech team who have access to the server, to request specific FTP error logs and PHPMyAdmin ones if relevant.

Hi @SiobhanH,

Yes, that’s what I have done and nothing found, what I was referring is if there are any database logs, or MySQL logs. And it’s something I can’t find from the cPanel.

Is there a way you can create a staging version of your site so we could test if it’s happening there too. Siteground has staging feature that you could use. Or if you’re willing to try a staging in different host then please check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/slider-revolution-error-message/48874.

There are no logs and we’re not sure what’s happening on it as of this moment. But, we’re surely provide some recommendation once we find it.

Thanks!

Hi

Siteground charges for staging sites - I’d have to upgrade my account.

I’ve set up a subdomain, installed Wordpress and the ‘All In One Migration’ plugin and I have my website files ready to upload. However, I’m on a shared server and Siteground’s limits are tiny - they want you to upgrade before I can upload larger file sizes via the website.

So I set up to transfer the website files via FTP into the ‘ai1wm-backups’ folder. But All In One Migration charges to use their ‘restore’ functionality…

So is there another way you can recommend for me to get my website files into the subdomain for staging (that doesn’t charge $$$)?

Hello @SiobhanH,

You can create a staging site locally in your computer. Perhaps this link could help:

By the way, you may also use other free staging site hosting like Pantheon.io

Hope this helps.

I have a local staging site but I thought the whole point was for you to access it?

Hi @SiobhanH,

It’s just to confirm if it’s working on staging and so the issue is with the hosting. Is there the way you could create staging out of SiteGround but still online? It’s more preferred since it’s a separate host.

Thanks!

Hey @SiobhanH,

Let us know once you’ve setup staging.

Thanks.

Hi - set up via Pantheon. Files still not showing! So not a hosting issue…