Essential Grid autoplay being ignored

Hi, I am doing an essential grid as a post carousel … it is one row, and it loads posts from a category, three shown at a time (less for mobile devices) . It is all working perfectly, but it needs to autoplay and this setting seems to be ignored in the current verson of Essential Grid.

I notice here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/essential-grid-autoplay-fullwidth/28994
that another user bought this issue up in April and you guys were going to follow up with the plugin developers, where is this at please?

If the plugin stil not fixable, maybe you can just give us some JS code to force autoplay to kick in… while we wait for this bug in the plugin to be fixed…?

Pls help! Thx.

Hello @kirk74,

Thank you for the details. This issue should have been resolved already. Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look at your grid? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

sure, will get those details now. thx so much.

Hello @kirk74,

I have investigated the issue and the Essential Grid is working perfectly fine. Please keep in mind that the Essential grid plugin’s purpose is to display a GRID. This plugin does not work as a carousel nor has a feature to load items in a carousel way of displaying things. The Autoplay option is for the pagination and not mean to display items or load items in an autoplay carousel manner.

If you want to display a carousel, the best plugin you can use is the Slider Revolution plugin.

Hope this explains it briefly.

Thanks, the reason I was using Ess Grid instead of slider, is that I need to see control how many posts are seen at a time, without them being cropped at the edges

(IE 3 for large screens, then 2 for landscape mobile, 1 for portrait mobile… and I the posts cant be cut off … with slider, this can’t be done can it? I have played around with it, but it a lot, but it doesn’t let the posts fill the space available and also keep them whole, Intsead it shows the middle one whole, and the other 2 are cropped at sides.

You can see the effect I am getting wth Ess Grid as a one row grid pulling in posts from categories… Please explain how I can get Rev Slider to do the same thing and then yes I will happily use Rev Slider instead.

This is prob similar to what I want to do: https://www.themepunch.com/faq/create-logo-carousel-using-revolution-slider/ But because I am dynamically populating the content (posts) I can;'t manually make the slides and control their size the way they have in this tutorial … so I need to do this tutorial, but with dynamic content?

Thx so much

Hi @kirk74,

I see what you mean. Unfortunately, it is not possible to force the Revolution Slider to show the way you want while auto-populating the data.

You can not achieve the effect you want completely with Revolution Slider nor Essential Grid unfortunately. You’d better search for 3rd party plugins to find a solution that works for you or consider hiring a developer to implement the functionality.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi again,

Please have a quick look at this screenshot , because I am not trying to be difficult, but I’m not sure you are correct for the current versions of Essential grid.

In the tutorial you linked to above there is nothing about timing, but in my screenshot, you can see it allows you to set a time for Autoplay …what can that be for except for what I am trying to do? If it was just about pagination active or not it wouldn’t need a timer …?

And re Ess Grid as a Carousel, this is actually quite common because when you reduce the display to one row, it is the perfect way to create a carousel … for example, see this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNIW-7GXTo8

Could you pls get a second opinion of someone there, and/or forward this to your Ess Grid contacts, because I really do feel that this is a bug, and if we can just hack a bit of JS to tell to do it could work and help others here too?

Thx so much.

Hi @kirk74,

Thank you for the additional information and context. The culprit was that you had to actually add the pagination element inside the Nav-Filter-Sort Tab:

If you do not like the bottom icons that are added in the pagination section you can add the CSS code below to X > Theme Options > CSS:

.esg-pagination {display: none !important;}

Thank you.

YAY!!! OMG so simple… thank sooo much for sticking with me! you guys rock! <3

You’re most welcome, @kirk74. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.