Embedded Video Code not showing video as featured image

Hello Support,
I’m using XPRO and would like to use a video as a featured image on some of my blog posts. I added the Youtube code within the iframe syntax but nothing shows.

I’m using the Format “Video” in wordpress (far right)

Here’s the Youtube code:

Here’s what I added to the “Embedded Video Code” under “Video Post Settings” in my post:

I also tried entering the Youtube code without the iframe code and still nothing shows as my featured image. It’s just a big blank square.

It works fine if I paste the Youtube code to the text body of the post, shows under the Title and Featured Image area.
Doesn’t matter if I save as draft or publish, still nothing shows.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! The featured image will display once you have set a featured image for your post. If you want to display a featured video, you will have to change your post format first to a video and then you will be provided with Video Post setting. For more details, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/meta-options-posts/143

The embed code of your video should be:

<iframe width="1204" height="677" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gyg3-5LC6lo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This should be added in the embedded video code area as shown below:

If this does not help, please provide us access to your post so that we can check your settings.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Cool. That worked. However not at first. I found out that the plugin “Envira Gallery” was preventing the video from showing. When I de-activated it the video showed in place of the feature image. I’m not using Evira Gallery right now so no loss. Thanks again for your help.
BTW: great product, great support. Keep doing what you’re doing.

Hi again,

Thank you for your kind words and we’re glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.