Email Forms broken/ban sign/not submitting/not redirecting

I followed the instructions to set up my MailChimp email form. I was able to set up the API and initial form without issue.

Like some others in the forum, I’ve having issues with the form giving a ban sign or not adding subscribers. It has sometimes been successful when I test myself, but sometimes it doesn’t work at all (for myself and others). When it does work, it also seems to take upwards of 10+ seconds to load the redirect/confirmation page, which might make users think it didn’t actually work. This form is on my homepage, sidebar widget, and recent blog posts. My site is main.thebookoctopus.com

It doesn’t work with Safari at all. I’ve had minimal success with Chrome and Firefox. I’ve tried deactivating plugins to see if there is an issue with a 3rd party, but it hasn’t made any difference. Help?

Hi there,

Please kindly update the theme to version 5.1.1 and the Email Forms extension to version 2.0.2. Also if you have the old x-mailchimp plugin installed, please kindly remove it. For more information regarding the Email Forms extension Click Here.

That should do the trick.

Thank you, it worked for Chrome and Firefox on desktop :thumbsup:

It is still giving me the ban sign and not responding in Safari or on mobile for any browser. Any suggestions?

Please clear all caches including your browser cache then check again.

Thanks.

I cleared caches for desktop and mobile. It’s still not responding correctly in Safari or mobile (iPhone Chrome or Safari)

Hi there,

It’s kind of weird, it’s only working in incognito on my end, but not working with normal browsing. In normal browser, the issue is caused by request sent through HTTP protocol while your site is not configured with SSL.

Would you mind providing your login credentials in a secure note? I like to check your URL configuration.

Thanks!

I’ll share login details

Hi there,

Your login is even redirecting to HTTPS :slight_smile:

Maybe your site has some sort of redirect? Below is a video recording.

I couldn’t find any option or plugin to disable this HTTPS in your admin, maybe it’s setup somewhere else. Any idea?

Thanks!