Email Forms: BAN SIGN when clicking on SUBSCRIBE BUTTON

Hi,

I carefully followed all your instructions:

but I’m now trying to enter my (and others) email and it doesn’t work.

Basically when you enter name and email
and you try to click “subscribe” a ban sign appears
and nothing really happens.

Here is the page where I’m testing it:
https://www.londonfilmmakers.net/kidzone/

Hey @R11,

Thanks for writing in! Unfortunately I am unable to login, The wp-admin page keeps me redirecting to the same page whenever I hit login button after entering login details. Can you please check?

There could be some script conflict. Can you please run a compatibility test for me? You can do it by deactivating all the other plugins and then activate them one by one to find out the conflicting plugin. It will help us further debug the issue.

Regards

Hi @rahul ,

I just went through all the plugins disabling them
and enabling just the ones who are not causing conflict.

Could you please have a look ?

Thanks,

Rick

Hi there,

There is a javascript error originating from here

var iname = item.name.match(/\[(.*?)\]/g);
      $.each(iname,  function ( index, value ) {
        iname[ index ] = value.replace('[', '').replace(']', '').replace('-', '_');
      });

switch ( iname.length ) {

Though I can’t test it what’s going on since it’s part of the core files, would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well? I checked the serialized value of the form so I’m not really sure why iname.length is returning null.

Thanks!

Hi @iam ,

Sure, I just wrote you our FTP login credentials
inside my last reply to rahul as a “secure note”.

Thanks,

R

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. I went to your website and did all sorts of checks with no result.

I added a new form and added a new page and the result is the same:

https://www.londonfilmmakers.net/test-2/

The previous form had problems and whenever you wanted to go to the form options it redirected to 404 page. I fixed that by saving the Permalinks, but it did not change the front end behavior.

I also turned off the WPFC as it minifies the assets of X which is not good, X does minify the assets itself.

I could not find any reason why this is happening, I checked in my installation and it is working ok.

The last thing to do was to disable all plugins except Cornerstone and Email Forms and it worked. The cursor does go to the banned mode, but it comes back with the message that every thing is ok.

t seems a conflict with one of 3rd party plugins you used on the website.

I reactivated all plugins, kindly check them yourself to find the culprit.

Thank you.

Thank you @christopher.amirian

So you think I should delete WPFC (WP Fastest Cache) ?
Should I look for another plugin or does X delete (minify?) the cache by itself?

In regard to the other plugins : the conflict is caused by SLIDER REVOLUTION.

When it’s active I can’t use Cornerstone at all (Cornerstone’s button doesn’t appears in the editor)
and the Email Form doesn’t work (Ban Sign).

The problem is that SLIDER REVOLUTION is a plugin that I can’t delete, because of my homepage.

Is there any solution?

Thanks

Ric

Hi there,

You don’t need to replace your cache plugin, it’s only recommended to disable while troubleshooting.

About the issue, it seems to be okay now while Revslider is active. Maybe it’s the cache, but would you mind providing a video recording of what you’re getting? I’m now getting the banned/stop icon with Thank you! You are now subscribed..

Thanks.

Hi @iam,

Here’s a video I’ve done
where you can see what’s going on:

Hi there,

I checked your website and it seems that the problem is:

• Old version usage of the theme. Please update the theme to version 5.1.1. Currently, it is 5.0.2.

• Deactivate the Child Theme as it seems the problem cause.

Hope it helps.

Thank you @christopher.amirian,

The theme is now updated to version 5.1.1.
I deactivate the child + cleaned the cache
= the main error seems gone, but I still have some crash - 404 page - errors.

Should I create a new child?

Thank you once again!

Ric

Hi Ric,

Yes, you may upload a clean child theme. Download it from your dashboard. Add all your custom code one by one and check after adding part of the code to see where it is coming from.

Regarding 404 error, on which page this error exist? Try double checking via FTP of the actual file is missing on the right location. If not, try to upload it. If yes, check file permission.