Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

Hello,

I’m trying to improve my score on the Google PageSpeed Insights tool.

I would like to eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content.

Currently, that has to do with the following line in my code:

<link rel='stylesheet' id='x-google-fonts-css'  href='//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto%3A400%2C400italic%2C700%2C700italic%7COpen+Sans%3A400%2C700&#038;subset=latin%2Clatin-ext&#038;ver=5.1.0' type='text/css' media='all' />

How can I remove that code from the header so that I can place it in the header?

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

Aaron

Hey Aaron,

Thanks for writing in!

To resolve your issue, please check out these threads:

Hope this helps.

The link does not work.

I’ve tested and the links works. Sorry for the confusion though. There is no option to move that line to the footer. It could be possible with custom development but that would be outside the scope of our support.

You might want to use optimization plugins which can move CSS to the footer or below the fold like WP Rocket. Please note though that this might break your site or any optimization in general could potentially break your site. With that said, if you’re not familiar with how optimization works, it would be best to hire a third party developer.

We do have an in-house custom development team that offer paid services, who may be able to assist. They can be contacted at pinnacle@theme.co if this is of interest to you. If you have any further questions about the theme, we are more than happy to provide you with assistance on these inquiries.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.