Editing the Menu Structure After v6.3.4 Update

Hello Support,

Following the updates yesterday (10/8 - X v6.3.4), I can no longer edit the Menu Structure using the Menu Structure editor. If I select all pages, arrange them into a menu structure, then save the structure, everything looks fine on the website. However, when I return to make more edits, most of the menu items are gone with only a few visible (see image below):

But, if I begin deleting the visible menus items, more items appear making it apparent that all of the menu items are still there, they are simply not all being displayed. Prior to yesterdays update, I could see all of the menu items and easily rearrange them as needed.

After clicking “Save Menu” the first time, if I click it again without making any edits, then one of the visible menu items disappears and when I view the website, the Top Menu says, “ASSIGN A MENU” because the choice of Top Menu for the Primary Menu is gone.

Additional info: If I setup the menu structure again from scratch and then click the “Manage with Live Preview” button, I can see all of the menu items on the left side, make changes, and the changes appear to work.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix in the works?

Thanks,
Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Temporarily remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If none of these helps, kindly provide us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note

Thanks.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the tips. I went through all of these and added the two defines to my wp-config.php file. Not knowing what needed to be bounced after that change, I bounced the server (my server) just to be sure. This did not resolve either of my issues (this one or my other issue here). However, I did gain a little better understanding of this problem. I can fix this menu structure editing issue simply by deactivating the Cornerstone plugin. Obviously, this is not a solution, but it tells me that it is the updated Cornerstone that’s causing my issue. Hopefully, someone else has seen and reported a similar issue, too.

Here are the only active plugins that I have so far:

• Cornerstone Version 3.3.5
  • WooCommerce Version 3.4.6

Please let me know if I can collect any logs or whatever for you. My development site is behind my firewall. Even though I can poke a hole in it to let you get to my WordPress, it won’t do any good due to the absolute URLs that WordPress uses…

-Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Thanks again for your confirmation and we are really sorry that you are facing issue with the update.

Can you please confirm if your Theme and plugin has the latest version that is X 6.3.5 and Cornerstone 3.3.5?
Because in the latest built we have addressed several issues that came to our knowledge.

If you have updated the theme and cornerstone to the latest version and still having the issue please share your website details in a secure note so that we can have a look.

Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Hi Basanta,

Yes, I was on X v6.3.5 and Cornerstone v3.3.5 when I posted previously. Now, I have just updated to X v6.3.6 and Cornerstone v3.3.6, but I have the same problems .

I would be glad to share a link to my development site, but it’s my server on my local network behind my firewall and even if I port forward outside requests to my WordPress site, it won’t help because of WP’s use of absolute links, and I don’t have a “forwarding” plugin. I could arrange a time to do a screen share if we can find a common time. Please let me know if there are any log files or other info I can collect and send. Or, additional logging that I could turn on.

I was not having either of my problems until the recent X and Cornerstone updates. I forget which version of Cornerstone I got when I purchased. I bought X, Pro, & Cornerstone on 10/4 and didn’t have these problems for a few days. That makes me think it was Cornerstone v6.3.2 released on 10/8 that caused my issues. It might have been v6.3.1 just depending on when I updated… Sorry.

I just noticed that my title has the version number in it… lol

I really hope to get this resolved soon since I am just beginning development of a pilot to try and sell some work and I need to make progress on it soon.

Thanks again for your help!
-Chuck

Hello Chuck,

Could you please enabled the debug mode? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the menu page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail. In this way, we will have at least an clue what is going on and why you are having this issue.

Please let us know how it goes.

I will try this and let you know. BTW, I’m not the only one having this exact same issue

Hi @clseaman,

Please check that thread again, it’s due to permalink issue.

As for menu issue, it’s not related to the theme in any way. The only connection with it is when it’s rendered in the front but not in the admin.

And I can’t provide any further information as I’m not able to check this issue, I recommend providing the credentials requested by @basanta. And by temporary moving it online to where we can find it. Else, we can’t really help as we’re not sure what we’re looking for.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad,

Thanks, that solved my 404 error from my other post. I now believe the issue in this post of editing the Menu Structure is related to Cornerstone. If I deactivate the Cornerstone plugin, the problem is gone. Activate it again and it’s back. A workaround seems to be using the “Manage with Live Preview” which allows me to edit the menu structure with Cornerstone active.

Hi Chuck,

Would you mind providing a video recording of the exact procedure on how to reproduce this menu issue? I can’t really check it from your site without the credentials, maybe I could perform the same procedure in my installation.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.