Editing Product Page Description with X Pro

Hi,

I want to edit product page descripotion to fit my needs. I have enable the product page on x pro setting but when I go to product page and editied it with x pro content editor there is no section on preview. thankyou

Hi,

You can use woocommerce hooks and filters to edit the product page.

Kindly refer to the links below

Hope that helps

I’m sorry, I mean I just want to edit the part that pro can edited which is description part. But I can’t edit the description. There is no section even I have added it

there is no section to be edited

Hi @Loouzy.com,

Thanks for writing in.

You can check this link below on editing content layout for products.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

I’m sorry so What I need to do? I don’t understannd. thankyou

Hi there,

I am not sure why you are not seeing the Description section. It might be a problem loading the Pro editor or the fact that you did not enable the description tab by going to X > Theme Options > Woocommerce > Single Product:

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

I have enable single product x theme for woocommerce, But still same result.
Here is the credential :

Hey @Loouzy.com,

The description tab won’t show up if it is empty so you need to put content in the Default WordPress editor first, save the page and then you can edit it using the Content Builder.

The product page is a bit different because the content is displayed with condition and that condition is, if the content is empty, the description tab won’t be displayed.

Hope that helps.

thankyou guys ! And I have another question. If I want to remove the border around the description how can I do it? I want to make fullwidth image on description. So I want to the descrition part become fulllwidht

for example I want to built the imported template to be fullwidth .

Hi There,

Please try adding this custom CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS:

.x-tab-pane.description_pane {
    padding: 0
}

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thankyou :slight_smile: But it doesnt work, You can login using my account above if you want.
I want to make it like these :

Before :

After (edited with photoshop) :

Thankyou :slight_smile:

Hi there,

The code that @thai provided works to what you were initially trying to achieve which is to eliminate the padding in the description panel.

As for what you are trying to do now, this would require some custom code since the description text width fills the entire width of its container and the main container of the entire block is set to have a maximum width of 1200px and the width of 88% width regards to the screen display.

Though, a quick solution would be to use some custom CSS.

.woocommerce div.product .woocommerce-tabs .x-tab-content {
    overflow: visible;
}

.x-tab-pane.description_pane {
    padding: 0;
    width: 100vw;
    margin-left: calc(-50vw + 50%);
    color: #fff;
    background-color: #3C3C3C;

padding: 0 8%;
}

The above code will allows the description div container to overflow to its main container but please note that this might not be the perfect solution to what you are trying to do as this is the simplest option you could do and the code is based on your current setup so in case you will change your site’s layout, there is a chance that the code will break which falls beyond the scope of our support as it involves some custom coding.

However, this should help you get started.

Hope this helps.

Thankyou! Thats what I need. So I need to do it via custom Code if I want to do it ? Can I do it via Pro Editor?

@Loouzy.com No, it can’t be done with Pro content builder, custom theme modification is required.

Thanks.

Okay, thankyou all for the support :slight_smile:

You’re welcome, Garry.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.