Use Pro Content Editor for 'Product' Post Type

Hi,

I’ve read quite a few topics about this but wondering if you could help me :slight_smile:. We are wanting to utilise the Pro Content Editor for ‘Products’.

• I understand that WooCommerce templates have a lot of complexity to them.
  • I understand that the Content Editor will not reference any of the standard fields from WooCommerce

The way our client is planning on using WooCommerce means we will be happy to manually input any information needed.

I think we are just needing to add a content-single-product.php file into /woocommerce/ in the Pro-Child theme, but I’m not 100% sure what that would need to contain in order to just reference the ‘Pro’ editor.

This way, theoretically, it would simply show only whatever content we added via the ‘Content Editor’.

I’d be very grateful if you could tell me how we would go about this, please :slight_smile: . Currently when we have tried to add this into Pro-Child, we haven’t been able to get it to work - what we are aiming for is to completely overwrite the content for the page.

Thanks!

Steven

Hey Steven,

Thank you for the very detailed post information. Using the Pro content editor does not allow you to edit the whole product page layout. You can only use it in designated area such as the product description section. This would mean that even if you are using Pro content editor, the product image and gallery, price, product meta, reviews, etc. will still be on the same spot which means that the layout would still be pretty much the same.

Hope this make sense.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.