Editing and saving are extremely slow

Hi everyone,

I’ve recently installed X Theme on my site. I’ve noticed that when I’m editing content pages, my edits are sometimes very slow to appear—but other times, appear in real time.

I can’t identify a pattern to it. But, I would say 50-60% of the time, after I make a simple change in the frame on the left (for example, changing text color or margin/padding), the change takes 5-10 seconds to appear in the frame on the right. The remainder of the time, the change happens instantly.

Similarly, sometimes when I press save, it saves instantly. Other times, I have to wait 10-30 seconds for the system to tell me that it has been saved.

Thank you for helping me to troubleshoot this.

1 Like

Hi @prager,

Thanks for writing in.

You could try the solutions below on how to increase your site speed.

1, Remove unnecessary plugins that are not needed to be activated or used.

1. Contact your hosting to increase memory allocation.

2. Check the link below on how to increase your site speed.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

How much memory should there be? So far my site is only one page, and not terribly complex… I wouldn’t have expected to have any problems with a lightweight site.

Hi,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

sent! Thanks.

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. I checked your website and installed 2 plugins, one is called the WP Serverinfo which shows some server information in Dashboard > WP Serverinfo menu.

There I see that the PHP version you use is 5.3.29 which is very old. Kindly update the PHP version to 5.6+ or 7.1+, you can contact your hosting service provider. The other point that might help is the PHP memory limit. It is 256 which should be enough to work but to be on the safe side please increase the PHP memory limit to 512MB.

The second plugin that I installed is the Duplicate post plugin, using that plugin I duplicated the page you have in the website as a test page and did some changes here and there and it seems to work with no problem.

I suggest that you use the Chrome browser to test.

Thank you.

great, I’ll work in Chrome and get the upgrade. Much appreciated.

Let us know how this goes and let us know if you still have inquiries.

You may also visit our knowledge base for more information:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.