Edit WooCommerce Search Page

Hey,

I want to edit/translate the text on my WooCommerce Search Page. Right now it looks like this:

How can I edit these two texts?

And furthermore: How do I in the future translate other texts, if I run into them?

Cheers

Hi There,

We have an article about the translation, please take a look at this:

If you would like to the texts only, please setup a child theme:

After that copy this file to your child theme in the same directory(if the directories are not existed, please create them) then edit the text:

\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\integrity\_landmark-header.php

For more information, please take a look at this article:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Hey Thai,

Thanks for this, it sounds reasonable. I’ll try later :slight_smile:

Just one question: What happens the file (\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\integrity_landmark-header.php) changes in a future update? Won’t my child theme version with customization be outdated then?

Best regards

Hi There,

It will be outdated if the file in the parent theme is changed with a new update.

You just need to compare the file in the child theme with the file in the parent theme and update it.

Regards!

Hey,

Isn’t there a more sustainable solution? :slight_smile:

Cheers

Hi Frederik,

That is the sustainable solution if you only want to translate the words you highlighted above. Don’t worry about it (_landmark-header.php) being updated in the future, we barely do changes on those template, and if we do, you just need to copy the new template file and apply your customization (copy/paste) on that new file.

But if you anticipate that you’ll be translating the entire site in the future, better to use a translation plugin now (like the WPML).

Setup - Translation

Cheers!

Hey, thanks for this!

My final solution was uploading an MO translated file with the new text. Thanks for the solutions :slight_smile:

Hey Frederik,

Yes It sounds like a good solution, we’re glad you managed to fix it on your own and thank you for letting us know.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.