Edit PREVIEW issue

Hi, I cant do any edits? see image attached please help.
Url: http://www.worldsviewyoga.com

Hello Christiaan,

Thanks for writing in!

• I see that on the website you are using WP Fastest Cache. Please try to clear cache and try loading the page again.

https://customercenter.karthost.com/knowledgebase/178/Clearing-Cache-Using-WP-Fastest-Cache-Plugin.html

• Please update Cornerstone from 3.5.5 to latest version 3.5.6.
  • Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

• Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi Christiaan,

Upon testing your issue further, I see that you’re getting a 500 internal server error when loading Cornerstone.

Probably this is due to your current WordPress memory limit is set as 40MB (check Settings -> Serverinfo).

If you have already followed our memory increase guide provided above (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935), you will need to contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase it for you, because some hosting provider does not allow users to increase it.

If you’re still having issues, you need to provide us with your FTP credentials as well in the secure note to investigate this issue further.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi we have tried everything,
and the hosting guys dont really understand the request either.
if feels like there is an issue with cornerstone,
please assist asap

Hi Christiaan,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re still having this issue. Could you please try setting up a staging environment in a different hosting ? so that we can see if this is related to your hosting issue.

You can use a free service like pantheon (https://pantheon.io/) or any other hosting service for this. Please refer to our migration guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126) on how you can replicate your site.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

HI I tried it on a new hosting
and have exactly the same issue
its like cornerstone is not able to show me the page i need to work on??
and without the preview is impossible to make any edits?

Please help.

Hi Christiaan,

Could you please provide us with that new test site’s login information as well in a secure note, so that we can compare both to identify the issue.

Also it’s better if you can include FTP credentials for both sites, so that we can investigate this issue further.

Thanks!

Login moved to secure note

Hey Chris,

Thanks for providing the details. Please always post login information in a Secure Note so that it is only the staff that can access it.

I have tried checking the site and I am still seeing the 500 error when the page is open in Cornerstone. Please provide us with your FTP details (you can get it from your host) so that we can check this further.

Thank you.

I have send the FTP login details in a secure note above - please help

Hi Chris,

The wordpress admin login provided doesn’t seem to work.

Kindly check again and let us know.

Thanks

I have just resend in secure note

Hi @chrisp82,

I’ve tried to increased the memory limit under wp-config.php file but seem your hosting provider disables it.

I’ve also turned on WP_DEBUG but the error didn’t display under wp-content/debug.log or error_log as well:

Could you please contact to your hosting provider to ask them increase the memory limit or copy for us the latest error log messages?

Thank you.

hosting did as requested, still not working and now my contact form is also not working?

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the update. It is your web host’s ModSecurity configuration that causes the issue. I disabled ModSecurity and Cornerstone worked.

This doesn’t mean though that you keep ModSecurity disabled because it’s important for your site’s security. This just means that your web host must whitelist directories used by Cornerstone. The said directories are:

• cornerstone-endpoint
  • x

The x directory is taken from X > Settings > Custom Path.

This ModSecurity problem is not common. Cornerstone works out of the box with no special server configuration in all web hosts I tested.

Regarding the contact form issue, please note that we do not handle support for approved plugins including Contact Form 7. Our theme also does not have any function connected to Contact Form 7 except for displaying a CF7 form using the CF7 Cornerstone Element.

You will either need to contact Contact Form 7 support or ask your web host to investigate the issue as it is commonly on the side of the web host. Usually, the problem is in the mail server configuration.

Hope that helps.

thanks guys, it seems to be sorted out now :slight_smile:

You’re welcome, Chris.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.