Drop Down Menu - works but top line not working (mobile)

Hi,

There seems to be an issue with the drop down menu (using Icon Stack) with mobile.

On Desktop I can select all menu items and it works fine. On Mobile (chrome tested first) the Top Menu and Drown Down Menu work, however on BOTH places where the Menu Drops down from the Top Menu, the Top Menu items don’t work unless you hold them down and wait for a screen to pop up to ask if you want to visit the page.

For example, if you have A B C D E as FIVE seperate top menu items and under B and under D there are drop down menus, on mobile A, C and E would work fine and ALL the drop down items would work under B and D but NOT actually B or D… so B1, B2, B3, B4 etc and D1, D2, D3 etc would work but NOT B or D. Any idea why?

Have tried making the menus wider and narrower but it makes no difference. Site is currently in dev mode and I can’t move forward until I can sort this.

Hello @stuartmurphy,

Thanks for writing in!

Are you using Pro theme or the X theme? If you are using Pro theme, please make sure that you have selected “Sub Indicator” as your submenu trigger.

Hope this helps.

thanks Rue,

I don’t recognise the Sub Menu Trigger from the interface. I’m using X Pro. Here’s a shot of what I see - any ideas???

Hello @stuartmurphy,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Looks like Advanced Mode on your Pro Theme setup is turned off and that’s the reason why you are not seeing Sub Menu Trigger option. To activate Advanced Mode, please take a look at the steps shared in following thread:

Thanks.

Hi Preasant,

Just to clarify, Advanced mode was switched on. I just checked and pressed update again and it still gives the exact same screen as previously. I created a test menu just now to see if it were possible that the previous menu was created prior to advanced mode being activated and to ensure that there was no issue with X-Pro being buggy and not displaying advanced properties. Is there any other reason why this should not appear. There is no tick box for advanced in the header section and I have checked on screen to see that you at the earliest part of the menu under setup and not further along the menu structure in Pro. Is there any other way of activating this menu choice please? Thanks, Stuart

Just to let you know I am using version 2.55

Hey @stuartmurphy,

I would love to check your site and figure out the issue. Would you mind providing us the URL of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hi, I replied to your request via secure note. Stuart

Hi @stuartmurphy,

You shouldn’t use the dropdown element, it works similar to inline menu element’s dropdown. The only difference is inline menu has toplevel menu. But both are only recommended for desktop where hover functionality is available. Please use other elements made specifically for mobile. Like Navigation collapsed or Navigation Layered.

Thanks!

Hi, for me its not working at all on mobile devices. All top leveled contents are not reachable :frowning: with Navigation collapsed (mobile) and Navigation inline (desktop).

How can we solve this?

cheers and Thanks
cy.

i tried switching “anchor” to “sub indicator” an this:

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
$(’.x-off-canvas .x-anchor-menu-item .x-anchor-text’).on(‘touchend click’, function(e) {
var link = $(this).parents(’.x-anchor-menu-item’).attr(‘href’);
window.location.href = link;
});
});

Hey @cyrock,

I tested your site and when I tapped on the top level menu, it goes to the designated page. Tapping the indicator opens the submenu. Please clear your browser’s cache and check again.

Please also remove the custom code from your site to avoid conflicts with the official features.

I’d also like to remind that hijacking threads is no allowed and when you post a secure note, the original poster could see it. Please open your own thread and just post a link to the other thread if you need a reference.

Thanks.

…thanks for helping and sorry for hijacking – hard wording – wasn´t my idea

cy.

Thanks for understanding :slight_smile:

hey guys, I’m having a similar issue with the mobile nav bar. When you click top page link on mobile, it does not go to the page, but only shows the submenu pages. Can you take a look:

Summary

https://istc.shoalsworks.com

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for updating this thread. To resolve your issue, please make sure that you have selected “Sub Indicator” as your submenu trigger.

You will have to edit your header and double check your navigation off canvas element settings.

Please let us know if this works out for you.

Ok, that’s what I thought too, but the sub menu trigger is set to sub indicator. Would the issue be with me using the navigation layered element for the mobile menu?

Hello Andrew,

It’s my humble request please create a new thread as usually posting on ticket created by different user causes lot of confusion resulting in slow response time which often is a frustrating experience for customers. Please create a new thread and we will assist you accordingly. You can give reference to this thread for faster response time.

Thanks for understanding.

No problem, here’s my new thread: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/mobile-drop-down-menu-works-but-top-line-not-working/56649

We will be responding shortly.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.