Display full content of recent blog post by category, on other page then the blog page?

Hi there,

I’ve been reading thru the KB but have not found the solution, here is my request.

I would like to display the most recent blog item, by a specified category, on an other page then de wp blog page.

How can I achieve that?

Kind regards
Soejon

In addition, I want the latest blog item to display the full post, not just the excerpt.
(Otherwise the Element Recent Blog Post would kind of do the trick).

And if possible, with lay-out via Cornerstone in the designated page where post is to appear?

Hello Meester Ontwerpers,

Thanks for writing in! You have several licenses assigned to different urls. We cannot figure out which one you are experiencing these issues. By default, most recent items will be displayed in your blog index. You can either display excerpts or full contents in your blog index. Simply go to X/Pro > Theme Options > Blog > Full Post Content on Index and enable/disable the option.

If you want to display specific categories in your blog index, this option is only available if you use Ethos stack. Simply go to X/Pro > Theme Options > Ethos > Blog Options and enable the “Filterable Index” option. To know more about it, please check out “Filterable Index” section in this knowledge base article:

Hope this helps.

Hi RueNel,

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately it’s not what I’m trying to achieve here.
I’m trying a different approach via The Grid builder

I’m trying to solve the issue via The Grid builder, but the item in the left column won’t show the full text,
even though I’ve set the excerpt length to -1, in the settings of the designated Skin.

What am i missing here?

Kind regards
Soejon

Hi Soejon,

Have you tried setting the Except Length setting in X > Theme Options > Blog : Except Length?

If not, please try to do so because there are instances that the except length setting in the theme options is given higher priority than the plugin settings.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jade,

Unfortunately it doesn’t do the trick…
Further help would be appreciated?

Kind regards
Soejon

Ps. I’ve also tried this code

function x_excerpt_length( $length ) {
if ( is_page(140) ){
return 99999;
}
return x_get_option( ‘x_blog_excerpt_length’ );
}
add_filter( ‘excerpt_length’, ‘x_excerpt_length’ );

But i can’t get to show the full text?

Hi @MeesterOntwerpers,

Please use the Essential Grid instead. You can edit a skin and use the meta %content% to display full content. Please watch the following video.

Display Content Above and Below Main Media Item

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi @friech,

I’ve tried but that plugin is “not my cup of tea” so to say.
Instead I’ve decided to make changes in the lay-out unfortunately.

I’ve read you guys are working on making blog pages editable in hopefully the near future.
looking forward to that release.

Regards

Hey Soejon,

Yes the work has begun on our next cycle which will bring the highly anticipated Layout Builder. The Layout Builder will allow you incredible control over blogs, index pages, archives, and more.

Stay tuned. Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.