Different types of responsive menu

Hi, I would like to achieve some different types of mobile menus, using the x-theme responsive menu without using external plugins.

For example, I would like to have menu that come in from a lateral side, instead of default dropdown. A sort of offcanvas from left or right.

Can you give me some advice to reach this result in x-theme?

Thank you very much

Hello @Ghiotto,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

To have off canvas menu in X Theme will require custom development which falls outside the scope of support we can offer. However, Pro Theme header builder has this option built in. I am sharing relevant resource, please take a look.

If you would like to upgrade from X to Pro, please take a look at following article:

Thanks.

Hi @Prasant, for now I don’t have the necessity to switch to Pro.

So, thank you for all the resources you have linked to me, but I can’t use it for my actual needs.

I know there’s need some custom development to achieve different results for mobile menus. I’ve needed a fullscreen overlay fade in/out menu. So, if you can tell me even only how files are involved in this customization, I’ll try to make it.

Thank you very much.

Hi there,

As for X, if you want to customize the mobile menu functionality just like you mentioned. you would need to do more CSS and JS customization to the default mobile menu to achieve what you are aiming for.

But in case you want to find the PHP file that has the navigation/menu, it is the _nav-primary.php which you can find in **\wp-content\themes\x\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global**.

Please make sure to use a child theme before making an customizations so that you will not lose any changes you did when you update the theme.

You can find more information about it here:

https://theme.co/apex/child-themes

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.